Used 2006 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned.
By WoundRound

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

2006. MPV. ES. At 85,000 miles transmission starts to shift hard, around 3/4th gear. Timing chain cover, valve covers leaking oil. Radiator cracked. Moon roof track cracked wont close all the way. Key fell apart, and wont open doors. The thing ran great until the mid 80k miles. Then all hell broke loose. If you have one, sell it before 80k miles. I'll never own one again.

Very Good but We Needed More Luxury
By mercuryhater

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Never had one repair done to this Mazda. We came from a fully loaded 99' Blazer LT we needed a car fast and we got this the V6 was nice the transmission was also good. the worst thing was the windows weren't tinted and the car was awful in the snow the 3rd row was like a board of wood with microfiber on it. the front windshield was huge and the dashboard glared off of it.traded for a mountaineer but that you can read about in my other review which was traded for a 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited w/NAV

None

Tinted windows more comfy rear seat

powertrain dies at 59K/6yrs
By aknight

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Auto-transmission broke down at 59K, 6 yrs: back and forth between gear 1 and 2.
Had to get a tow.
Am the first owner.
Was having hard-shift right after the purchase.
Mazda's attitude: hard-shift not reproducible, cannot fix.
Seeing so many other MPV owners' complaints on transmission problems, hard to believe Mazda not facing MPV transmission issue honestly. Transmission breaking down is estimated to cost $4K to fix/replace.

None.

Poor auto-transmission reliability and poor fuel efficiency. Wife and kid refused to get in my MPV. They both feel dizzy due to the uncomfortable gear shifting. Where is NTSB? Are my tax dollars at work? Do they want to wait for accidents to happen before they act on MPV auto-transmission issues?

More than satisfied
By more than satisfied

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car private party, 2 years old with 9500 miles. Two and a half years later we have 43K miles with absolutely no repairs. Replaced the factory tires with 90K Goodyears and they are fantastic. This car has met or exceeded my expectations in every way.

On the smaller side. Big plus for me since my children are still young. Very nimble compared to the bigger Toyotas and Hondas. Easy to park in my smaller garage. Also it has a "unique" factor. Not tons of these on the roads. I get lots of compliments on the styling. Sport package is great!

Interior parts could be a little higher quality. More cup holders and 12V outlets.

Was Not Happy
By brandij

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well my mom had purchased this van a year prior with a new kid on the way I was excited to be a minivan owner. It was a really late night when they do those crazy specials at midnight!? I didn't test drive it because I've been driving my moms for quite some time, got it home to notice that our van had NO REAR AIR!!! I couldn't believe they made vans without it! My moms came standard with it, didn't realize it was missing til the next morning when it was freezing cold taking our 2 young kids out!! I've had to put fans in the back to just get by in the summer. It is brutal. I was very upset that the sales people sold it they had to know!! will never go back again!!!

It was a van

Rear air is ALWAYS needed!!! Duh people sit back there!!!!