Used 2004 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...28

Pros
Cons

Best vehicle I've ever owned

Zak, 03/31/2009

Our 2004 MPV has been by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I've had a LOT of vehicles. We've owned this for over 4 years and it now has 105,000 miles. Great fuel mileage, 29 on the highway, very reliable and I still like the styling for a minivan. Interior is a bit small for a van but makes up for it in styling and fuel mileage. I have 3 children, ages 6 and under and we use this vehicle everyday, from short trips taking the oldest to school to LONG road trips to places like Maine and Disney World (We live in PA so it is a long drive to either). We had a few odd issues while under warranty but since then only issues have been parts that were due to be replaced, like coils etc.

Rust problem

Sid, 01/05/2008

Very disappointed. We bought the van in 2005. The van was left over from 2004 model year. We discovered the car has rust in the hatch back area and in the passenger under the door. The car still under warranty. The dealer just informed me that they will be fixing the rust, but I will never buy another Mazda. My Toyota Camry is 10 years old and it does not have any rust. Planning to sell it after dealer fixes it.

A Really Nice Van

Ron, 10/28/2010

We love this van. However we did have to replace the catalytic converter at about 74,000 miles (covered under mfg. warranty). Also, had a water problem. After a rain we opened both side doors and water came gushing out. None on the carpet. Just on the running boards. Took it back to dealership. They said some flaps under the van were not fastened properly. No problems since. Don't like the shifter where it is.

Reliable, good value, fun, but smallish

Bartman, 12/05/2004

Replacing 8-yr old Grand Caravan. After months of research, considered and compared Sienna & MPV as two most reliable alternatives. Didn't consider Odyssey - too many transmission failures (although some MPV owners had transmission shift-shock issue; now resolved with updated transmission software flash). I preferred larger size of Sienna; even bigger than Grand Caravan. But price was definitely an issue and wife preferred smaller size, maneuverability, handling, and looks of MPV. For less money, MPV ES also has more standard features than Sienna LE: leather, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, 2 power sliding doors, and alloys. If you have a smaller family and smaller size is OK, then recommend MPV.

good-looking, nice-handling, my baby!

Whitney Ru, 10/14/2003

I am a female driver and I look at cars in parking lots. I can't figure out that I drive any cars too big (like Expedition) or too small (like Honda Civic). I love the size, cute look, features, power and handling of the MPV of Mazda. I got it at very good deal with zero percent financing.

12345...28