Used 2004 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...28

Pros
Cons
2.38 out of 5 stars

Don't buy Mazda

NOtoMAZDA, 06/12/2004
ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my minivan in '03, after researching several makes I thought the reviews for Mazda gave the impression it was a reliable Japanese quality minivan, was I wrong. After shelling out over $32000 with the Mazda assurance plan that it will provide a free loaner vehicle for warranty work, they make a real inconvience to get one and hit you with a copay. Warranty work is not done the 1st time and if they work on more it more than twice you are responsible for paying the warranty work not Mazda. I still have defects that were never fixed. Looking for new vehicle, it won't be a Mazda!!

4.75 out of 5 stars

Happy so far

Familyoffour, 08/20/2004
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought an MPV. Great value/features for the price. We have an LX with the LX Plus package, traction control, side airbags, roof rack and power side doors. Love the look of it. Adequate power and very quiet inside. We like the overall size, although there could be a little more leg room in the 2nd row. The fact that the gearshift blocks the radio isn't good but is offset somewhat by the steering wheel controls. Parking brake shouldn't be on the floor, it blocks access to the rear. Full removeable center console would be nice. Transmission a little clunky switching from 1st to 2nd. We are very happy with it so far.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Best minivan for small families!

slw1123, 02/19/2005
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I just purchased a used 2004 MPV with 18k miles on it. We have a 15 month old and are expecting another baby soon. The MPV has lots of space without being too boxy or too large. It's easy to get a toddler in/out of carseats in the 2nd row. It would be nice to have a tad more leg room/space between the front and 2nd row but it's fine for kids. I love the cargo space and the "lay flat" 3 row seat. I also like the steering wheel radio controls and the center console that can be up or down. The handling of the MPV is awesome! Feels like you're driving a luxury car instead of a minivan. It turns smoothly and easily, accelerates beautifully (but I'm a conservative Mommy).

3.63 out of 5 stars

Good Quality

Edco, 11/02/2006
ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the MPV is good quality but a very hard ride. Having struts instead of shocks makes a big difference in the ride. I get only 21mpg on the road and about 17 in town. The short wheel base also contributes to the harder ride. On a 10 scale I would give the MPV a 7

5 out of 5 stars

Best Minivan for the money!

David Link, 03/24/2007
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a rock solid minivan. The car has performed wonderfully without even the slightest repair. We have enjoyed the front wheel drive and traction control as it's handling has been great in the snow and ice. The van has been terrific on trips and is comfortable enough to drive from Washington DC to Orlando Florida in a non-stop drive with the children. Ours is equipped with the factory DVD option so that helps on those 15 hour drives. Overall we love this van and it has been very reliable!

12345...28