Used 2004 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...27

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

Transmission quirks

Dee A., 01/10/2005
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Van is excellent except for the transmission. It jerks shifting from 2nd to 3rd especially on a stop and go traffic. Brakes are noisy first thing in the morning, disappears after it warms up. Had the TCM reflashed 3 times to correct the transmission jerk to no avail until second dealer replaced it with a brand new TCM. Still jerks a little bit but not as pronounced. Have to learn to live with it. But will go back to Toyota or Honda next time.

4.88 out of 5 stars

We Love It!!

NCPluckers, 12/18/2003
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our title says it all. We love this van! It is our first minivan and we were aprehensive about even getting one but the addition of our 4th child made it necessary. It drives like a car and is very comfortable on long trips. We just wish it came with a DVD/TV for the kids.

3.13 out of 5 stars

BUILT FOR SMALL PEOPLE

RONI J, 01/24/2004
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

WE LOVE THE LOOK OF THE EXTERIOR BUT THE INTERIOR LEAVES ALOT TO BE DESIRED. INTERIOR CARPET CHOICES OF LIGHT GREY AND LIGHT BEIGE SHOW EVERY MARK OF SHOES.BETWEEN MIDDLE AND FRONT SEATS HAVE DISMAL LEG ROOM. OUR 2 YEAR OLD GRANDAUGHTER CAN KICK THE FRONT SEAT. ARM RESTS ON FRONT SEATS ARE WAY TOO LOW TO BE OF ANY USE WHATSOEVER. WE LIKE THE ROLL DOWN WINDOWS ON SLIDERS AND NO CUT LINE IN THE BODY FOR SLIDERS. GAS MILAGE IS WAY BELOW WHAT WAS ON THE STICKER. IT IS SUPPOSE TO GET 25 HWY. WE GET 20 ON TRIPS AND LESS IN TOWN

2.38 out of 5 stars

Don't buy Mazda

NOtoMAZDA, 06/12/2004
ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my minivan in '03, after researching several makes I thought the reviews for Mazda gave the impression it was a reliable Japanese quality minivan, was I wrong. After shelling out over $32000 with the Mazda assurance plan that it will provide a free loaner vehicle for warranty work, they make a real inconvience to get one and hit you with a copay. Warranty work is not done the 1st time and if they work on more it more than twice you are responsible for paying the warranty work not Mazda. I still have defects that were never fixed. Looking for new vehicle, it won't be a Mazda!!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Best minivan for small families!

slw1123, 02/19/2005
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I just purchased a used 2004 MPV with 18k miles on it. We have a 15 month old and are expecting another baby soon. The MPV has lots of space without being too boxy or too large. It's easy to get a toddler in/out of carseats in the 2nd row. It would be nice to have a tad more leg room/space between the front and 2nd row but it's fine for kids. I love the cargo space and the "lay flat" 3 row seat. I also like the steering wheel radio controls and the center console that can be up or down. The handling of the MPV is awesome! Feels like you're driving a luxury car instead of a minivan. It turns smoothly and easily, accelerates beautifully (but I'm a conservative Mommy).

12345...27