Used 2004 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
Select your model:
12345...28

Pros
Cons

Worst product ever presented

Gabriel, 11/11/2009

My wife and I purchased this vehicle roughly two years ago. This vehicle has been in the shop 6 times since we purchased it. It has a broken catalytic converter, bad fuel injectors, bad wheel bearing, bad water pump, bad transmission, bad transmission mounts, bad engine mounts. This list goes on and on. We've put over $8000 in this car that isn't even worth $3000. It has been the worst investment that we've ever made in our 24 years of existence. I hope that they're able to remedy these problems because I can't believe that these cars are even on the road.

Transmission quirks

Dee A., 01/10/2005

Van is excellent except for the transmission. It jerks shifting from 2nd to 3rd especially on a stop and go traffic. Brakes are noisy first thing in the morning, disappears after it warms up. Had the TCM reflashed 3 times to correct the transmission jerk to no avail until second dealer replaced it with a brand new TCM. Still jerks a little bit but not as pronounced. Have to learn to live with it. But will go back to Toyota or Honda next time.

Don't buy Mazda

NOtoMAZDA, 06/12/2004

Purchased my minivan in '03, after researching several makes I thought the reviews for Mazda gave the impression it was a reliable Japanese quality minivan, was I wrong. After shelling out over $32000 with the Mazda assurance plan that it will provide a free loaner vehicle for warranty work, they make a real inconvience to get one and hit you with a copay. Warranty work is not done the 1st time and if they work on more it more than twice you are responsible for paying the warranty work not Mazda. I still have defects that were never fixed. Looking for new vehicle, it won't be a Mazda!!

Good Quality

Edco, 11/02/2006

Overall the MPV is good quality but a very hard ride. Having struts instead of shocks makes a big difference in the ride. I get only 21mpg on the road and about 17 in town. The short wheel base also contributes to the harder ride. On a 10 scale I would give the MPV a 7

Best Minivan for the money!

David Link, 03/24/2007

This has been a rock solid minivan. The car has performed wonderfully without even the slightest repair. We have enjoyed the front wheel drive and traction control as it's handling has been great in the snow and ice. The van has been terrific on trips and is comfortable enough to drive from Washington DC to Orlando Florida in a non-stop drive with the children. Ours is equipped with the factory DVD option so that helps on those 15 hour drives. Overall we love this van and it has been very reliable!

12345...28