Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

nva mpv lx reveiw

ed_r_22192, 05/18/2002

The LX we purchased has peformed flawlessly. To include a 1500 mile round trip from Northern Virginia to East Central Illinois. While in the Indiana area we were able to see the Traction Control System perform. While travelling down a muddy dirt road the cars ahead of us were fishing tailing and seemed to have difficulty controlling themselves. The MPV had no problems and the flashing TCS light indicated it was doing its job. We were even fortunate enough to exceed to posted MPG rattings averaging just over 27 MPG. I would recommend this model MPV to anyone.

Great Little Van

lal_clt, 05/20/2002

I wanted a van for hauling stuff, not necessarily passengers, so I didn't need a huge van. The MPV is perfect! It's only 2 in. longer than my previous Volvo sedan, yet with the fold into the floor third row seats, it carries lots. The MPV handles beautifully, has a short turning radius, and is very comfortable. The 200 hp motor lets me go zoom-zoom all over town.

Check out all mini's

Va.Mike, 05/19/2002

The MPV listed for $23,120. I bought the basic LX with a few minor extras. I paid $19,800 for the MPV and am very happy so far. At this price I was well below all other contenders including all the rebates. Ford Windstar had almost $4400 in rebates and another couple of thousand in discounts and my MPV price when everything is compared was a better long term deal.

Excellent hauler for a small family

exHondaOwner, 05/21/2002

Test drive one & you'll know what the rave is all about. Smooth, powerful, quiet, & with a combination of functional elements that you won't find in any other minivan. Build quality is excellent (the only Japanese minvan that is actually built in Japan) with ergonomics that is as good or better than Honda's.

Protege/MPV

bean3422, 05/21/2002

My first experience with a Mazda vehicle was my neighbor's 1992 Protege LX with 175,000 miles on it. My GM vehicle with 80,000 miles on it had broken down, and I had to use her car to go get parts. I had so much fun in that car with 175,000 miles on it. It also felt better put together than my GM vehicle. Since I was in the market, I immediately researched and purchased a 2000 Protege ES. I am now a proud owner of a 2002 Coastal Blue MPV ES, and I feel just a strongly about it. Just as the Protege is the most fun small car, the MPV is the most fun minivan. The fact that it looks so good only cinches the deal in my opinion.

Zoomzoom indeed

billlmckinley, 05/20/2002

Generally spirited, despite its "inferior" engine size. Marvelous handling--more like a touring car than a van. Extremely well laid-out interior, and a price that's unbeatable. A lot of bang for the buck. And the new one, with the larger engine, goes like a bat.

Completely Happy

Alvin, 03/21/2009

My wife and I wanted a minivan that wasn't so bulky, with 3RD row stow away seats, and something with decent power under the hood. The 3.0L motor is both powerful and smooth. You forget it's a minivan you're driving. The 5 speed automatic makes a world of difference on the freeway and we've found it to be smooth on shifts. We have 118,000 miles, and so far so good. We were going to buy a Honda, but after research, they had just as many complaints from its customers and was bigger than we liked

MPV ES

edhughes, 05/20/2002

I've had the vehicle for a couple of months now and I could not be happier. It great for the family and a little sportier than the larger vans on the market.

Best Value

owr084, 05/20/2002

Definite improvement over the '00/'01 models - the new V-6 makes the MPV a true contender. Our ES came loaded with 4-Seasons, sunroof, CD Changer, bumper plate, roof rack, and foglights all for $28K (including tax, etc.). No other minivan came close in price or options (looked at Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford, and Honda). And, it's fun to drive. Zoom-zoom-zoom

Best vehicle ever

Curious Canadian, 05/20/2002

I've had 2 Caravans before, and they don't come close. The MPV is great fun to drive. Great handling, performance, outward visibility. We took it on one long trip already. We drove all day without feeling it at all. The sound system helps the overall experience.

12345...15