Skip to main content

176 for sale near you
1...

Glad I bought it

Chris , 12/19/2023
2024 Mazda CX-5 2.5 S Select 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 10/23 (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I know I have only had the CX-5 for 10 days now, but I love it. The non-turbo engine has plenty of get up and go. Nice ride. Good visibility, quiet, I love the the dial. Almost luxury but not a luxury price. My only complaint is I wish it got better gas mileage.

2 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Mazda CX-5
View Offers
MAZDAUSA.COM
MSRP excludes taxes, title, license fees and $1,375 destination charge (Alaska $1,420). Vehicle shown may be priced higher. Actual dealer price will vary. See dealer for complete details.

4 out of 5 stars

Great car but not for all

Ken, 02/03/2024
2024 Mazda CX-5 2.5 S Select 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Going into this review, it may help to know that I am 6 feet tall and approximately 190 pounds. I fit perfectly in this car. This by far is the most comfortable car I have ever been in. You do have to work the driver's seat for a while to find the most comfortable position for longer rides. I commute 1 hour each way every single day and have no issues or pains. That being said, a couple gripes I have with the interior are as follows: 1: The cup holder is in an awkward spot. I have longer arms and it's a little bit annoying because the cup holder was clearly made for shorter people with shorter arms, and it's depressed relative to what's behind it, so I have to angle my hand to grab or place things in the cup holder. 2: The trunk space is relatively bad. Even putting the back seats down I sometimes have trouble with space. It's enough for me to sleep on my back if I move the front seat forward and put something to support my head in the gap though. You actually can hold the front seat back entirely too. 3: The infotainment system. It's somewhat lacking especially compared to other vehicles. There is no touchscreen and while the rotary dial is easy to get used to, it'd still be nice to have touchscreen. The screen also takes a little bit to get used to because it looks like it should be able to retract back into the car but can't. 4: The material used on the dash and other parts of the interior are difficult to clean. I have the non-turbo model and it does sometimes lack passing power. The transmission is also a little bit goofy but at least it's an automatic transmission and not a CVT. It would be nice if it was an 8 speed. At first, the steering wheel was a little bit awkward to operate but as the car broke in it felt like I was driving a sedan. The wind can push this car a little bit but that's to be expected in a somewhat light SUV. When you're going fast, you may want to turn off lane keeping assist. While I do like the looks of the car and especially the front of the car, there is one big problem: the paint. The paint is indeed thin and after just one month of ownership and 3,000 miles I already have scratches and it has already been chipped. It costs 30$ for a good touch up kit on amazon for my color. Be very careful taking this thing to car washes. It does lack an identity if you get the non-turbo model, as it is neither particularly sporty, powerful, or distinct. To sum up my experience, I got this for reliable transportation, and I was pleasantly surprised with the comfort and technology in this car. So far I have no major complaints. I also got 0.0% financing. I'm not sure I would buy this car or any new car for that matter without that financing deal.

3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars

It's fine, but lots of annoyances.

Mazda Owner, Victoria, Canada, 10/23/2023
2024 Mazda CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Pros: Good horsepower and torque. Good seat height. Easy to park. Mileage is as expected: 24 MPG combined Premium gas, and 25 MPG combined Regular gas. Good passing power. Good fit and finish. Cons: Cocoa brown seat color leads to a very hot car interior in the summer. Regular gas leads to engine rattles even though Mazda says you can use it. Dashboard buttons are way too small, way too low, and hard to read. Steering wheel is only heated at 9, 10, 2 and 3 o'clock. Remote only works within 30' of car. Remote sometimes does not work even seated in car with remote in your pocket; a message comes up that the signal is too weak. Transmission is clunk compared to Hondas. GPS is not user friendly. Key fob is massive and yet has tiny, hard to read buttons on the side. No option to turn on/off the heads up display except for that particular drive. Piano black dust collector on center console. You cannot lock the doors while the tailgate is up or closing; you must wait 20 painful seconds while the tailgate closes and locks. Side door water bottle holder does not hold water bottles vertically, but instead at a weird angle, so make sure your water bottle cap is really tight!

2024 Mazda CX-5
  • $29,300starting MSRP
Search Inventory MAZDAUSA.COM

2bookoo4u

2bookoo4u, 10/29/2023
2024 Mazda CX-5 2.5 Turbo Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the best car I have ever owned. In fact, this is my 4th CX-5. I've had the 2017 Touring, the 2019 GT, the 2022 Signature and now the 2024 TP. Mazda by far has one of if not the best interior in its class. While I do feel that the infotainment system could be a little better, it checks all of the boxes for me. More features like a real TPMS display that shows the pressure in all four tires would be a big improvement. The fuel economy is not terrible for the amount of power the Turbo engine puts out, and it is in-line with other vehicles with similar power output. The cargo space is right for me as well, as I'm usually the only one in the car and I don't haul a lot of stuff. If you need a fancy touchscreen, frugal gas economy, and tons of cargo space the CX-5 may not be the best vehicle for you. If on the other hand, you like a plush near-luxury-level interior, an engaging drive, and a handsome styling package both inside and out then the CX-5 is a great choice. I'm very happy with my purchase.

In love with my new CX-5

Denise, 03/23/2024
2024 Mazda CX-5 2.5 Turbo Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my CX-5 for almost 2 months and have driven 3000 miles. I downsized from an Acura MDX after becoming an empty nester, and I was initially considering an Acura RDX or Lexus RX350. I am so glad I chose the CX-5! I paid at least $15k less than the Acura or Lexus and I don't feel like I am missing anything. I love virtually everything about this vehicle. The fit and finish is high quality, the driving experience is engaging and fun. My CX-5 is value packed with features including leather with red-contrast stitching, heated/ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, heads up display, wireless charging pad, Android/Apple Auto, all wheel drive, and turbo among many others. The Turbo Signature is the trim above the Turbo Premium, and has a couple of additional driver assist features, but in my opinion, is not as a aesthetically pleasing as the Turbo Premium. The MyMazda app is great and provides remote actions, including remote start, all with no subscription fee. The two things that could be better: 1. The wireless charging pad is at an awkward angle so the phone slides off. I used a trimmed command strip to install a piece of plastic to keep the phone on the pad, problem solved. However, even when on the pad, the phone gets hot, charges very slowly and sometimes even loses power during my commute while using Android Auto and streaming podcasts or music. I usually end up plugging in to a corded charger. 2. Fuel economy could be better. It is comparable to my older, larger MDX, averaging 21-23.5 MPG. Fortunately, the CX-5 does not require premium fuel, so that offsets this somewhat. Despite these minor shortcomings, I am very happy with my purchase. I have owned 15 vehicles in my lifetime and I think this is my favorite.

1...