Used 1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

This thing kicks a$$
By J Cables

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2200 2dr Regular Cab SB

Right off the bat lemme mention this thing is 28 years old with 170k on the odometer with no indication of it letting go anytime soon. This truck was bbuilt ith long term reliability in mind. With an inline 4cyl setup with a 5speed and a larger axle in the back its had very minimal maintenance done to it and runs like a champ. Carberator is easy to tune and all features still operate with minimal oil consumption and replacement parts are super cheap (1 set of plugs costs 8 dollars). Gas milage is super good averaging out at 25ish mpgs depending on driving. Acceleration is dangerously slow but the upside is def. The mpgs. Everything has held up very well and i intend to keep this thing running uhhh ntil it blows up and do an ecoboost swap on it after. Wish i could take pictures as this thing has held up very nicely in the ND weather that destroys newer vehicles. Its old, its slow, but itll run forever and is a perfect beater

GREAT LIL' TRUCK!
By sue

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2200 2dr Regular Cab LB

We bought this car for our son a few years ago. It's been a great reliable truck for him. We've had no mechanical issues - just regular maint. things done. I recommend it to anyone.

None.

Great truck!
By Ron

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2600i 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought it back in 2000, my old ford was run to death by then. Has been very reliable but I have had a few breakdowns, nothing major-major. But that is what you can expect after 235,000 great miles. Overall I love it, and I would definitely buy another.

Basic and easy to use, not a lot of expensive unneeded gadgets.

Body could be a little more rust resistant but who says that you can't patch a little.

Perfect little truck
By laura k.

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2200 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck for $900 and the only things that I have had problems with were replacing the muffler and a leaky molded radiator hose. I love the way it drives and I will keep it as long as I possibly can.

The heater in my truck is excellent, perfect for the very cold winter here.

Great little truck
By Andy

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2200 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a B2200 short bed base cab, and it's my first truck and I love it! it's a 5 speed and it shifts nice and smooth. It has great gas mileage compared to all of the gas hogging F150s and Silverados out there.

Comfort, gas mileage, the grill design, the orange dash lights!, the rally rims.

More horsepower -- 85 horses just isn't enough. But everything else is excellent. It's a shame that the '94's and up are a rebadged Ford Ranger, or I would have considered a newer one for my next vehicle.