Used 1990 Mazda 929 Consumer Reviews

$836 - $2,016

Used 929 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Pleasure to drive this car

njordan, 09/02/2002
S 4dr Sedan

This car is an exceptional vehicle. The ride, comfort, space, power and fuel economy is great. It's time to sell it and I'm finding a hard time locating a car that compares. Mazda should have been given more credit for this vehicle.

a great first car

danny83, 03/03/2003
4dr Sedan

my white 88 929 was my first car. i had it for two years. it had 97000 miles when i bought it. i just traded it in on a newer mazda millenia, but it will be missed. it was everything i wanted in a car and then some. extremely good for long trips. not the most stylish for young people, but anyone who ever rode in it appreciated its quality and design. it wasn't new, but it really was the nicest car in my high school parking lot...way better than a '99 cavalier or '96 jetta (honestly). but toward the end, it started needing more oil than gas, and i had to say goodbye, but all good things must end.

Well balanced performer

Good performer, 09/27/2007
S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a second car. I use it as my daily driver for my 48 mile roundtrip commute. I bought the car from an elderly gentleman who had taken very good care of the car. It was in very good shape and even had a fresh paint job. There was one problem that he was unable to figure out. The car had very rough shifts generally from 1st to 2nd gear. He said he'd tried several shops but to no avail. I took the car to a transmission specialist who said the problem was the throttle positioning sensor. I had it replaced for about $200. No more rough shifts or smoke. The car has a very good ride. It's very comfortable for me at 6'2" and about 270 lbs.