Used 2004 Maserati Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Spyder for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Maserati Thrill Ride

Jeff, 01/02/2005
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I bought my Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa in May of 2004. The car is a light metallic blue with a light tan and navy interior. The car is fully optioned. The interior is the best looking interior of any car I have ever been in. Leather is everywhere and it is of the highest quality. While ferrari does own maserati they are very different cars. This car is a GT car, smoother ride and without the wild looks of a ferrari but it still gets tons of attention. It is in the same price range as the SL500 but much rarer and faster. Do not get the nav system it is almost useless, barely showing any information. The paddle shifters are amazing, though the 6 speed manual is very smooth too.

My second Spyder

Francie, 12/05/2004
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I got the very first Maserati Spyder delivered by Ferrari of Washington when the new model came out. I traded in my first, silver Maserati with a black interior, for a black Spyder with a tan interior. I have driven it on the road and on the racetrack, it is totally responsive to all commands in both situations. This car is tight, smooth, powerful, fast, and beautiful.

Fast & Fun

West8, 12/04/2004
GT 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

After owning several comparable cars in the past the Maserati Spyder holds its own with preformance and style. It's great to drive a car that is unique and not typically seen on the road. Now my Porche spends much more time in the garage. The only problem I have found is in the design of the soft top. When the lid is up there is an over the shoulder blind spot that creates a problem. But who cares...when is the lid up anyway? Other than that, this car is well worth the price tag.

Fun for the Money

NJDevil, 09/07/2004
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

This car is a Ferrari in a Maserati body. The car handles great. I took it through an autocross, and it ate it up.It outhandled my friend's Ferrari 360.The interior is classic Italian, beautifully stitched leather covers the entire interior. The seats hug you and hold you in place for when you are at those high speeds.Also like an Italian sports car, all of the power is in the higher RPM's. If you are in the city or just cruising along, keep the car in the "normal" mode; as this gives you a softer ride and normal shifting. If you want to open it up, put it in "Sport" mode and push the pedal all the way to the floor and watch this baby perform.FYI-This en

Midlife Crisis?? I don't think so!

d blair, 09/22/2004
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Ok so I am a 55 year old man who has come to the point in my life when I can afford some of the nicer things in life. I know this might be sounding like a CRISIS Eulogy.. but let me tell you after a week of The John Barber Racing School and then the following week my felivery of my Masserati and there is nothing midlife about this baby. ABSOLUTELY the finest piece of Machinery That I have ever had the pleasure of driving.. From the onlookers to the behind the wheel guts of this bad boy and it all becomes perfectly clear when the Italians Do It Better slogan comes from... WOW!!

Maserati Spyder

Clearshot, 01/28/2004
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Stunning looks and great performance from the other Italian marque at half the price. Remarkable handling, which I think is better than the 360 Ferrari Spyder.

good

road lover, 03/20/2004
GT 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

awsome to drive. there is a big rush. the best!

ITALIANS RULE

KLAMIA2001, 10/28/2004
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

THIS IS MY THIRD MASERATI, A 2002, 2003 & A 2004. NOBODY MAKES A MORE CARISMATIC CAR THAN FERRARI.

excelent car

spyderrob, 03/20/2004
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I previously owned 3 mercedes bens 500 sl I was very surprised hte first time I drove the Masserati Spyder. It is a great car and very fun to drive. The SL felt like a car for older people. The maseratti spyder feels like a car for all sorts of people as u can drive it in various mods.

Best. Car. Ever.

alexthegreat, 05/17/2004
GT 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best. Car. Ever. Great looking, rides great and a ferrari engine. I love my car. Period.

awsome

Master J, 01/28/2004

This is a great car

"Poor man's" Ferarri

zeeb, 02/12/2004
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

For a sticker price of around $100,000 you can have all the thrills of a Ferarri. Giving up 2 or 3 tenths of a second in the 0-60 race saves you $50- 60,000. Trust me, you will never miss them. And with the money you save, you can buy a 4x4. (If you live in the north, you'll need it. If you live in a warmer climate, you'll probably spend it on gas).

Maserati's Pros & Cons

}{ {} }{, 11/30/2003
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Pros: High qaulity engine, great interior, and comfort was exellent. Cons: Handling is not perfect, fuel economy wasn't good, and the exterior design is not the best.

Better than expected

scottjm, 04/09/2004
GT 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

After driving the BMW M3 SMG Coup the past two years I decided I wanted to go back to A roadster. I had already owned a S2000 and Boxster S, Found the new BMW Z4 underpowered and ugly. So decided on Maserati mainly due to the V8 390 hp Ferrari motor in it. After ordering one last Nov. without even sitting in one let alone driving I started to wonder if I had made a mistake. It seemed most reviews were not that favorable to them. I found that all my fears were unwarranted. Car was everything and more than what I was looking for. Found the Shifting excellent and had the dealer put on Tubi exhaust and car sounds better than any Ferrari I have heard.

outstanding

willsshot, 07/24/2004
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

the design is spectacular, with performance to match. the craftmanship is superior. i have owned porsche's and mercedes' in the past, but this is so much more spirited. nothing compares to the sound of the engine as it blitzes the rpm's. it's alot of fun to drive.

51050