Used 2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Ghibli for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Budget Maserati sound, handling, and performance.

Jason S, 10/13/2017
S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you are looking for all the excitement and panache of a Maserati, but on a tighter budget, you will be very pleased with this vehicle. If you think you have somehow stumbled across a $150,000 car for half price, you will be disappointed. On the used market, these cars are a great buy, but don't expect the hand crafted interior of a Bentley. A high end Italian sport sedan on a budget has to have compromises, and they can be found on the quality of materials, Chrysler sourced components (the nav interface is actually quite good, albeit cheap looking), and lack of high end features. The driving experience however, is all Maserati with one of the most intoxicating exhaust notes I have ever heard. The power, sound, handling, brakes, and overall performance are everything you would hope them to be. Let's be honest, a major reason for buying the car is the name, and I can say it does get just as much attention as you would expect. When it's time for service, do your self a favor and take it to an independent, although the aftermarket parts market is all but nonexistent. Hopefully this will change as more of these cars reach a mature age and numbers increase. While I think this car is tough to justify at the new price of competitors, it is truly a great buy on the used side and the chance for the average guy to own a real Italian exotic super sedan.

FEAKER

Ari, 11/06/2016
S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

WYSIWYG. Not bad at all. There is considerable lag when you punch the gas, unless you pre-rev it. The power is, however, astonishing for a car weighing over two tons. Comfort is better than many snobs acknowledge, as are the controls. I have hit nearly 30mpg on the highway at 80-85mph over distances, so the fuel consumption is better than expected. The handling, even in rain or snow, is very good. Obviously, it looks great. I have not had much in the way of maintenance trouble, though there have been a number of recalls (fixed for free). The pain job is unfortunately susceptible to dings, especially on the hood, and Maserati to date has not offered any touch-up paint, so one would need to get a clear plastic protector or periodic paint jobs.....The bluetooth is not the best, as it is much better in cheaper cars like Acuras. It requires much effort to set up, and the quality is not the greatest either.

Perfect lease car

johnfsteph, 12/04/2014

I've had my car since mid October 2014 and so far no major problems. The car drives really nice and the exhaust is fantastic. My only complaint are the small rattles in the car. Nothing too big, just a little annoying. I am confident the dealer will resolve when I bring it in for service...

Wonderful Car

Chuck Easttom, 04/10/2015
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I always drive upper end cars and trade every 2 years...I think I will keep this one. It is great to drive and feels wonderful. I have had Jaguars, Cadillac's, Mercedes, even a Bentley Continental...but the Ghibli is a sublime combination of Jaguar performance with Cadillac comfort and Bentley curb appeal.

Still Not Impressed

Kingsley Ozoude, 02/23/2015
S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had my Ghibli QS4 since July, 2014. The car has the worst 'upgraded' radio of any car most readers of this review has today. The dealer replaced my amplifier but the problem persists. The airflow to the floor is terrible, comes out mostly at the windshield. That they also don't know how to fix. The seat belt clip is low that it takes spraining ones back just to click the seat belt. The car even would not start on 2 occasions, embarrassing! It's a shame that since 1914, Maserati has not figured out these seemingly simple things. If you have more than $75K to spend, you better spend it on a car with luxury and performance. I own high end BMW, MB, Porsche, AUDI. Ghibli is a disgrace. In addition to the above, none of the above issues have been resolved. I now have a few more years of driving this car since my last review. Unlike other new, high end cars, it would be nice if adaptive cruise control, touchless homelink and touchless start could be incorporated into the vehicle. Most of these could be done by computer updates, I have since bought a new Tesla Model X. Only a nimble car company will survive in the future. The car still has an awesome engine and braking system, but that's about it. I will not buy this car today! I almost forgot that there is NO good way to charge your phone or other electronics because it does not have a charging USB port and the cigarette lighter receptacle is too shallow that I have literally tried more than 8 different ones and none of them fits well. Even something as simple as that is beyond this mess called a car! I took it to the dealership and they had no solution. This is an update on August 28th 2019. None of the issues listed above has been resolved to date. I still will not buy this car today based on the competition that is out there. Only the engine and the braking system are still the great parts of the car. Everything else falls seriously short.

My worst luxury car experience

Fernando Mazzoni, 06/09/2016
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you are looking for a reliable car, this is not the one. Don't let you drive for the awesome exterior design. In six month has been 4 times at the dealer because of several issues. They said the car has 400 horse power. My mistake was not to ask what kind of horses were those. Looks like they are hungry small ponies. The fuel consumption is insane for what you get. Forget about acceleration. I had a Diesel Porche Cayenne before and that was really fast. I've paid for an upgrade for the sound system ... the sound is worst than a cheap Korean car. The quality of the screen for the rear camera is the same one I got with my old Commodore 64 in the 80'. If you want to buy something to drink do not expect to find a cup holder where your drink will fit. The mats are going to be wherever they want, the clips are not going to hold them. Sits are design to drive short distance. Diver sit couldn't be more uncomfortable. If your plan is to travel and leave the car in the Garage, make your trip shorter than 3 weeks otherwise you will need a battery charger. My advise...with this money you fill find sever other options better than this one.

Stay away from Maserati

talegadr, 06/12/2015
S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned a Maserati Ghibli Q4 for the past year. As a 53 year old man who has driven many luxury cars in the past, my word of advise is to stay away from this car. I have never experienced so many problems with a car as I have with this one. And it's not only the car, their costumer service is absolutely ridiculous. I get a lot more service from the Toyota dealers than the Maserati people. Save yourself a huge headache and maybe a suicide note. Stay away from the name Maserati.

2.5 Years in and I've learned my lesson

Sam K., 06/01/2016
S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've been an S-Class owner for 15 years, but decided that I wanted to go small. The Maserati Quattroporte was a looker, but I was familiar with its issues. Hence, the Ghibli made a lot of sense on paper. Price was right, size was right, looks were right. Ordered the car without knowing the price. When it was delivered, my word it was like the first time I saw an R8, it was gorgeous. However, after owning it, I've found it to be a Chrysler in an Armani suit. The transmission is clunky and slow in comfort mode, but too aggressive in sport. It'd be nice if there was an auto mode to filter that issue. The car is TOO LOW. It scrapes everything. For a mid-size sedan, why must I treat every incline like a Ferrari. A lift-system is necessary. The brakes are the most sensitive and inconsistent I've ever felt. I thought that my A8 was difficult to modulate, but this Ghibli is another animal. Lastly, the maintenance....it's a sub-$90k car full optioned, so why is the maintenance the same as a Bentley. You'll be paying easily $1,200 for an annual maintenance. Save yourself the money and purchase a proper German vehicle..unless you enjoy teenage boys taking pictures of your car wherever you go. That's my two-cents.

No all weather tires???

drdom80, 04/03/2015
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I leased the 2014 Ghibli and what they neglected to tell me is that it doesn't have all weather tires. You need winter tires and summer tires. If the weather drops to 50 degrees or below, the tires sense the cold and cuts the fuel to the engine causing a severe "bucking" feeling when pulling onto a main road from a stop street. Masserati isn't doing anything about this issue and they have been the worst customer service company I have ever dealt with. I would not recommend Maserati to anyone. I call to speak with someone and all you get is a voicemail or they are always in a meeting. If you leave a message you're lucky if they call you back. Horrible customer service.

Don't waste your money!

Pier Barattolo, 04/26/2017
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We leased a Ghibli 2.5 years ago worst mistake we have ever made - the car has had endless recalls, spends more time on AAA truck being ferried to the dealer and at dealer than us driving it. We had issues with the gas pedal where it would get stuck and suddenly accelerate at full throttle - nearly got killed. Totally unreliable. No one in the house wants to drive it, not even my 17 year old! Maserati USA washing its hands of it because they keep fixing whatever goes wrong with it, and it is always something else! Total waste of money, would never drive one again. You should think twice before parting with your cash.

51050