Used 2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Town Car for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Old school American luxury

Old school, 03/09/2016
Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

These Town Cars are fantastic! Smoothest ride on the road, quality interior, torquey v8 power. Fuel economy is generally about 17 in the city, but 25 on the highway. I have seen it go as high as 27 at a steady 60 MPH. One of the safest cars on the road, because these cars are tanks. The car drives like a car from the 1960s, and has a robust, quality feel that is lacking from American cars today. Reliability is stellar, only replaced ball joints at 121K and done regular oil changes and tire replacements. They truly don't make them like this anymore!

best car ive ever owned.

mlawler, 08/22/2009

I really love this car its great and it rides great and I turn heads all the time in my Lincoln town car and everyone compliments me on the way it looks its a very classy car and u get the quality that u expect for the price I will never buy anything else after owning this town car I fell in love with it. Anyone looking for a great car here it is the Lincoln town car executive.

LAND YACHT

LAND YACHT, 09/28/2009

I simply love my Land yacht as my spouse calls it-i have owned chrysler 300'd- mercedes-olds-pontiac-ford Land Rover etc. but this is the best car so far-I had local Lincoln dealer review any needed repairs and manual rec's- drives like a dream- excellent condition-I look forward driving it everyday. my granddaughter falls asleep quickly- one granddaughter mentions for old person car-18 ft. 4000lbs-car is loaded

Good car for the money

Lincoln, 04/19/2010

After reading all the other testimonials about the town car, it amazes me the amount of people that compare the town car to the Lexus LS430. Of course the Lexus is a wonderful car, it's $30,000 more! It better be. The town car is wonderful for the money. The quality is more than adequate, nothing compares in the way of interior room and comfort. And no, it's not a rocket off the line, but it's not supposed to be. Quite honestly, I don't believe the suspension could handle it, but then again, you wouldn't have the ride. You want handling, buy a corvette, stupid.

Stylish yet comfortable

Rose D, 11/04/2008

I love this car. I have had it for 7 years. I have never had any trouble with the workmanship inside our out.

Great Luxary to Price Ratio

Beaudiem, 03/09/2002

The Town Car is unsurpassed when compared to European luxuary vehicles. It seems that one gets much more for their buying power with the Town Car than any other vehical in its class. Inside the Town Car is as elegant as anything on the road.

Simply the Best

preacher01, 03/26/2018
Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Signature Limited 7 years ago this month. At the time, I needed a car that would accommodate my multiple spine and hips issues. After 20 test drives of other cars, I was totally sold on this one. Controls are easy to use, starts right off in Minnesota sub-zero temps, and extremely durable. It's built like a tank in every way. Easy access for regular service, and fantastic MPG. After driving Cadillacs for most of my life, they don't come close to this Pearl Blue Lincoln. It has every option that was available for the 2002 models. If you want big performance and power, look for something else. These aren't made for that. Still, at 178,000 miles, I can hit the gas and still squawk the tires. Passing on the freeway is quite easy for the 4.6 liter. Like anything, you take care of it and it will take care of you. This beautiful machine will last another 100,000+ miles easily.

2002 lincoln town car

elwood ingalls, 12/07/2003

a very good car which gets much attention from other car owners. have been responsible for more lincoln sales because of my satisfaction.

Excellkent Buy

Just4God, 11/21/2007

Quallity car. Very comfortable. Drove taxi with this car for a year and was really supprised with how comfortable it was. exspessally for long periods of time. Also get supprisingly good gas mileage for this size car.

The Big Linc

Mark, 07/28/2006

This Town Car replaced a Grand Marquis and drives and rides somewhat better - seems to be a lot more quiet on the inside. The road noise is greatly reduced over the Crown Vic & Marquis - and the handling, even on rough roads, is very good. Fuel economy is great - as is with the Ford V8 - 25/20 (hwy/city). Haven't owned a Lincoln for several years, but this one is world's ahead of the 1980's models.

Great Car

Fhoto, 07/04/2002

The car is as smooth s silk and met all my expectations. I had a 1992 Lincoln Town Car prior this car.

Great car!

OldTar, 12/15/2003

We've had this car about 20 months now, and while my wife initially was intimidated by it, she now refuses to even consider any other vehicle - and we've had everything from Mercedes to Pontiacs!

Wonderful Vehicle

Carolyn, 01/05/2007

This Lincoln is a wonder. I have been accustomed to smaller Ford products and find that I lost nothing in economy and gained a lot in comfort and safety with this unit. On lengthy trips this Signature Lincoln will get about twenty-eight mpg. Its size and standard safety features give a good level of confidence. Fine vehicle, never in the shop for repair of any kind to date.

fine lincoln ever

digby, 03/15/2002

Very happy with everything about the car

Lincoln Town Car = A Great American Icon

Dick Johnson, 06/08/2019
Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First-of-all, we love the Lincoln Town Cars (1998 - 2011). I think Lincoln would have not lost sales, and not decided to quit making the Town Cars, if Town Cars would have: 1) offered an All-Wheel-Drive option like all other luxury car manufacturers offer; 2) offered "cooled seats", "back-up camera", "lane guidance"; "rear cross-traffic warning", and more, as options like others do; 3) remove the unnecessary tachometer in the precious space of the instrument cluster because it's not a high performance car; 4) update the lacking electronic technology to attract younger buyers; 5) replace the trouble-some Headlight Control Module (headlight switch) (a problem with the sister car Mercury Grand Marquis'); 6) improve the quality of the steering pump, and all the front-end parts. GOOD POINTS: We love the HUGE trunk space, the quiet and smooth luxury ride, the handsome style, the cars handling, the cars safety ratings, the cars resale value, the cars comfortable interior space for 6-adult-passengers, that the car was made in America, and the envy of other non-Town Car automobile owners.

cruisin

cranapple, 07/23/2009

the car magazines don't get it when it comes to this car--it's meant to do a few things very well--carry people and their belongings quietly and comfortably---it's not a porshe-it's the great American cruiser

A Lemon named Christine

Sue, 07/16/2003

It has been in the shop 5 times in a year for the same thing and they haven't found the problem yet. I have had to put off our vacation this year while it is in the shop. It floats all over the road, has a mind of it's own. When a car or truck passes it pushes it off the road and when you try to compensate with the steering, it pulls back across the line..you never know where you are going. This is all at a speed of above 60 mph. At 59 or below it drives good

Town Car

john, 03/28/2005

Very reliable, gets 22.3 MPG average in winter. Have replaced breaks and tires due to normal wear. Best interior room around, very large trunk, very comfortable ride. Found it had better knee room than DeVille. Automatic mirrors seem erratic, but may need to be reset -not sure. Very satisfied -but wish they would upgrade gas tank to 20 gallons and improve gas tank safety for rear impact, although it is pretty reasonable now. Great seat warmer, or as I refer to it prostate warmer. Paint did tend to scratch easily on the plastic parts -perhaps some insufficiently durable water based paint used on those parts?? Very reliable and comfortable after 3 years of use.

Modern Classic.

FSC, 07/09/2009

I'll start off by saying I titled my review "modern classic" because that's basically what this car is. A modern spin off of big 1950's full sized cruiser sedans. The bench seat, column shifter, V8, rear wheel drive, body on frame construction, and shear size make it feel like a more refined classic cruiser. This is something I really like about the car. This isn't a car for people who want a Mercedes or BMW, this is a car for people who want a true laid back cruiser. However, if I were to do it again I would have gotten a top end Crown Vic or Marquis as the mechanicals and interior are %99 the Town Car as the town car for less money.

Upgrade from 00 Signature

izaclown, 01/18/2007

Upgraded from 00 Signature to 02 Cartier due to a red light runner. The 02 is head and shoulders above the 00 model. The Cartier does have more hp and is quiter than the other models. My around town gas mileage seems to be better in the 02 than the 00. Firmer seats and smoother steering and lot smoother ride. Instrumentation is easy to read.

51050