Used 2005 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews

Used Navigator for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

fordwarrior

Mike Smith, 11/11/2006
Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have been a satisfied Ford product owner for 50 years. I have owned a 2004 and a 2005 Navigator and have been very disappointed in their fuel economy and the quality of construction. The 2006 has had transmission problems from the day it was delivered and it took 17 months for the dealer to get the problem corrected. The brake rotors had to be turned at 7,000 miles, replaced at 10,000 miles, turned again at 27,000 mile and replaced at 30,000 miles. This is on a vehicles that has 95% highway mileage on it. The master brake cylinder had to be replaced at 32,000 miles. The 2006 model is much noisier than the 2005 in terms of wind noise and engine/road noise.

Not worth the operating cost

Homer Gaines, 08/26/2005
Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The gasoline milage of this vehicle is far below what was stated on the sticker. Lincoln says it's my driving habits, but whether I use a feather on the accelerator or not, it still gets 8 MPG in normal driving, and the best I have gotten on the highway is 14MPG. And that's with a mighty tailwind!

3 Great Years

Mark L, 07/25/2008
Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Our Navigator is 3 years old with 45,000 miles and has had no issues. The maintenance is very inexpensive but definitely is not fuel efficient, averaging around 13 miles per gallon. Very pleased with this purchase will likely keep this one for at least another 45k miles.

"14 years old and still breaking necks"

Mr.LincolnAJ, 07/19/2019
Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My first Navigator model was a 98" when they first came out. I wasn't to impressed with that one. However when they redesigned it in 03 it was a must have or at least I thought so till they created the 05 version. The 05 is the same as the 03-04 model except it has cleaner lines. For example rectangular fog lights, and the side moldings on the door are more smoother. The power retractable running boards are also color coded to match the truck on the ultimate trim level. My Navi is a beautiful pearl white with the original 18" chrome wheels. Off white leather with the black trim around the edges really looks amazing. The wood dash with the nickel plated accents still make this car feel modern. It will be hard for me to find something that interior can compete with this old school luxury lol. The THX system still sounds clear as day, just wish bluetooth or aux was an option back in the day. However I added the aftermarket Bluetooth kit which works ok with the stock system. Today she just hit 198k and the only major things I replaced was the air suspension system which commonly fails on these trucks, spark plugs which I did at 120k and an A/C regulator / blendoor to make the air blow out of the dash vents. Of course there's regular maintenance items like brakes, batteries etc. Nothing major though. I love Love LOVE this truck as it still rides and look new as I try to baby it. I just recently purchased a 2018 Expy limited and the ride still doesn't compare. The 05-06 Nav was ford's best built luxury model SUV. If you're in the market for one and can afford the gas ("Premium Only") I would give this a look. They're pretty cheap now for a late model, just make sure you replace the suspension with the coil spring system and you're good to go. I will truly hate it when the old girl dies !!!!

Navigator #2

bk183, 11/02/2008
Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I like the look of the Escalade a little better but after test driving 3 different then the 05 Navigator there was no comparison. The Navigator out handled, was quieter, smoother ride, and just easier to drive. Big improvement over my 01 which was no slouch. I have to say, so far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

12345...10