Used 2012 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

Used MKZ for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Smooth Ride

, 06/24/2012
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid is the way to go on this model. The ride is very smooth and quiet. Overall, the vehicle is quite refined. I have about 7000 miles on this car and I am averaging 40.5 mpg. I would probable due better, but 95% of my driving is highway. The car has plenty of power for passing, or merging, and handles like a dream. I have owned several Mercedes prior to this Lincoln and they did not drive nearly as nice as this. I would give Mercedes a thumbs up on seat comfort, but that is it. That is not to say the seats on the MKZ are not comfortable, they are, but Mercedes has slightly better side support. Overall, the MKZ is a joy to drive and very reliable!

Great car ....but

Dennis, 08/18/2018
4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car used in 2015 with 36K on it. We were not in the market to trade but our 2007 town car with 86 K broke down on the way to a grandsons wedding. Only rental available was a ford 250 pickup. We traded and really like the car. The thing we do NOT like is repairs. The AC quit cooling on the passenger side at 50K. The dealer pulled out the entire dash but could not find the problem, even with factory engineers help. Finally realized it was low on Freon. Added Freon and two months later it did the same thing. Added Freon and two months later it did it again. FINALLY the dealer found a leak in the condenser and replaced it. At 59 K the idler pulley on the serpentine belt went bad. Shortly after that I started to notice a faint rattle under the car. It got worse over time and I had my mechanic try to find it. He could not. It continued to get worse so I took it back today. He found that the ball joints are bad on both sides...@ 61k miles! This is rediculous to have this many problems with such low miles. Since then the AC has stopped cooling two more times. Went to a different mechanic in May and it seems ok since then. We now have 70 K miles on it.

Still love it after 1 year

lfwintx, 04/05/2013
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary with my crystal champagne 2012 MKZ Hybrid, and I still love the car. With over 8000 miles, the gas mileage continues to improve. Some days I get up to 41 mpg on my 12-mile commute to work on back country roads, where traffic patterns often interfere with smooth driving. The lifetime average of the car is 36 mpg but improving.

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is a great ride!

Arthur, 11/02/2015
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fit and finish is excellent. Infotainment is a little complicated and counter intuitive but manageable. Nearly 50,000 on original Michelins. GREAT car overall. Getting a 2016 tomorrow with even more technology - SWEET!

Gas mileage is super, runs on fumes.

Gene L Shefland, 08/19/2018
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car. .This is the longest time i have ever kept a car. Only issue is rust on left rear w/o.

12345...6