Used 2012 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Bigger always better in my case
By AJ Lower

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I had a Toyota Camry.(great car) It was very hard to let go, I needed a bigger vehicle and this fit what I needed. Fuel economy not great like my Camry, But had to give something up for what we needed. I'm not sorry that I changed, much better for our needs Great Fit.

My car
By Alfred graser

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great for small SUV. Only problem was heater blower died right after warranty expired so cost was on me.

Love my MKX
By Eva Garner

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Although it's a great car, the resale value is not that great.

Worst bang for the buck
By traci8

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new loaded.
At 5K miles I had to have the thermostat changed due to vehicle having a short and not starting. At 10K miles the power steering went out and took the vehicle to "Lincoln dealership for repairs and they had to fix the "power steering" over 6 times but would not classify the vehicle as a LEMON as they have experienced Lincoln advisors at the disposal of the service techs. well my car is in the shop yet again for the same thing and they had my car for over 2 weeks and I just received a call that I will just have to live with the slight whining noise in the vehicle. Are you kidding me. Lincoln doesn't stand behind their products so please stay away.

**Update car was at the shop 5more times since this post power steering out yet again & Lincoln sent an engineer to the dealership after having my car for over 3 1/2 weeks only to be told the noise is something I will have to live with as they they have exhausted all avenues.?? Then the mechanic didn't tighten the bolts on the tire rod so another issue, I could have been killed no apologies from Lincoln.

Now there is another noise like the axle is going to split apart the dealership tells me a loose pan underneath well that wasn't it the car is loud. I have been so tired of going back & forth with the dealership so I was FORCED to purchase a REAL luxury car an Audi.

I love it!
By kmart220

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ok, I bought my 2012 MKX used with 18k miles.
I've had it 3 weeks now and I am so very happy!
I traded a fully loaded Tahoe (which I dearly loved, but was getting up there in miles) and the transition has been a breeze.
I rated the car mostly 5's.
To me, everything is awesome and I only gave 4's because of 2 superficial reasons.
For interior design, it seems perfect besides the radio volume control and the a/c level control.
They are a bit funny to operate.
Aesthetically, beautiful, but functionally, not perfect.
You are supposed to glide your finger across the panel to find your perfect setting and it doesn't function very well.
No big deal, really, since there are 2 other options

The 4 voice control functions work beautifully and I never have to over enunciate to get them to work. I LOVE that I don't have to ever actually touch the key as long as it is in my purse. The navigation is not as good as the older version that is in my husband's 2011n F-150, but it is still reliable. The SUV handles extremely well and really hugs the road. I have the AWD and I have never felt safer when driving through heavy rain with standing water. I could go on and on about the upsides of this car and have not really found many downs. Ford/Lincoln have created a beautiful machine that any person is lucky to be driving. Plus, it is just a SEXY LOOKING CAR! The MKX is perfect!

Offer the same split screen option for nav/audio that was available on the 2011 model Fords. Provide different styling options for the grill. I really like the chrome, but a painted black option would be nice, too. I am considering having mine painted to match the car. Instead of the long, pointy antennae, put a more stealthy, solid one on the roof. Add some "outlet style" plugs like Ford offers in other models. Make them better quality, though. My husband's F-150's plugs are loose and his phone charger (etc) just falls out.