Used 2000 Lincoln LS Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used LS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

You get what you pay for

youngun123, 01/29/2014

in the end it all comes down to how the car is maintained and taken care of. Mine, a 2000, gen1, maintained, documented since its purchase, two owners ago was good to see when purchasing the vehicle. Typically people only write a review on this website if they are very un satisfied and did not take care of the vehicle. Rarely does a middle of the road person or satisfied person write a review, ever. so far, 30,000 miles into the purchase of the vehicle (127k when i bought it, 157k now) no issues. Only basic oil changes, trans fluid, etc. If you use premium gas, your coils do not burn up and the engine will be fine. This perticular one has ran on premium since it was purchased.

Fun Car, Stylish, not worth the Repairs

notsoavgcarguy, 10/15/2012

Where to start? I bought this car used back in 2008 with about 70,000 miles on it. I loved it when I bought it - excellent power, quick, superb handling, beautiful car inside and out. Then it started to drain my account. Once it hit 90,000 miles it started to fall apart. I had to replace the front ball joints, $1,000. Because it's a Jag with a Lincoln brand, you're paying for foreign parts along with extremely high labor due to its tight fit and weird part locations under the hood. You should know this up front. Coils and Valve Cover Gaskets ran me about $1,000. Air bag light was always on though I never bothered to have that checked out. I babied this car and it just took my money.

Unless you make six figures...DON'T BUY

Procks55, 06/18/2010

I bought this when I was in my early twenties before I knew about researching a vehicle, now in my late twenties I know better. I understand vehicles come with some repairs however my list of repairs are ridiculous: Plugs, Coils and Valve cover gaskets replaced on both sides twice, new transmission, new alternator, two bad wheel bearings, bad ball joint, two window regulators (my fault) and my favorite feature is when it is super cold in our MN winters it doesn't like to start very much. What a joke, some of the things listed could pertain to my driving habits but not all of them. All in all unless you are a millionaire forget about it.

I hope this review saves you from making the same mistake I did

dunndarryn, 11/28/2012

Don't buy this car if you have any kind of budget to live on. My mom bought my LS when it had 60k miles in 2006 and gave it to me in 2011 and I sold it in November 2012. It was beautiful for a while but as the miles stacked up, so did the problems. Between the money we both had to put into that car in repairs to keep it running, we paid for it at least 3 times. They are beautiful cars but they are problematic and expensive to fix. If you are dead set on getting an LS, get a Gen. 2 (2003-2006) with LOW miles and do your research before making a decision! I can't stress that enough.

Cautious Optimism

-H-, 07/22/2010

Some of the reviews I have read are very scary. I have been somewhat fortunate so far, but have had some of the more common malfunctions mentioned in other reviews. The car had 70k miles on it when purchased. It now has 105k on it. It is a rear wheel drive car and does handle terribly in the snow. I have had 1 window malfunction, the air condition did blow out hot and cold air at the same time, and the ball joints caused the steering to shake. These repairs totaled around $750, and that is it so far. None of the malfunctions caused the car to break down, but were recommended repairs. Around 25 mi per gallon. If that is all that happens I will be very happy with this ride.

An American Success

reporter7, 02/11/2002

Although I've always been partial to european sports sedans, aside from a lack of "snob appeal" the LS V8 offers as much fun and more value than most of the offerings from across the pond. The drive train is faultless -- excellent power, silky smooth, and trouble-free. The ride/handling trade-off is well judged, and the balance possible with rear-wheel drive will be a revelation to those who have become accustomed to front-drivers.

great road car

jimboh55, 05/17/2009

Purchased new. Wifes Car now has 102000 miles and is 9years old. Car has been a joy to drive and reliable. Have only four fixes not under warrany two window hardware fixes - head gaskets leaked oil and a differential rebuild which was my fault as I missed a fluid replacement maintenance required at 50000 -the differential started whining at about 98000 miles and found it to be full of metal filings. Have had an electrical fix and leaky exhaust gaskets (both under warranty). The only driveability problem I have noticed is that if I am going very slow in second gear and really punch it, it will go into first and stay there up to 5000 rpm. Not a major problem for us.

Best value for a used luxury car & FAST

Chris, 08/27/2005

I do quite a bit of driving, and sometimes, unfortunately, some quick driving on 2 lane roads when I'm running late to the courthouse (I'm a lawyer.) This car is prestigious, inexpensive and an absolute blast to drive. I was just rear ended the other day and I'm hopeful that my car isn't totalled--I really enjoy it. I suppose if it is, I'll look for another V8 LS.

A "10" in the curves

Tino, 02/17/2006

Car owned: 2000 LS V8 w/Sport Suspension package. This is one of the BEST HANDLING sport sedans on the market; end of story. I am a driving enthusiast and will say that I push this car hard in the corners every chance I get. The LS responds by carving like a pair of giant slalom skis on packed snow. Torque is a bit low as this affects off- the-line acceleration. The car has muscular, yet sexy body lines. It is a dream to drive an own. Unfortunately, the wife steals it out of the garage before I can get my hands on the keys... Such is life.

2000 Lincoln LS

Jack, 11/29/2006

Ride is great! Some items that have failed are not things I would have expected from a Lincoln. Headlamps, trunk leak, 3 window regulators so far, moonroof control button and seat back are main items that have failed. Brakes and tires wear quickly. Sorry to see it end its production. Hope new MKS will be just as exciting a ride. Lincoln needs a good Hot Rod.

12345...14