2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:

2017 Ruby Red Lincoln -- Excellent Car!!!
By Kimmy

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I also own a 2009 Lincoln MKS which I love and still have. It is getting up there in mileage (176k) so my other half wanted me to have this. Let me say while okay I could see the room for improvement in the MKS. It looks like Lincoln made a note of all the lessons learned from that car and vowed not to repeat them on the Continental. The Continental is a fantastic car. One thing I like about Lincoln in comparison to other brands is the tech that is put into their cars is never convoluted or confusing to master. I've previously looked at the Acura TLX, RLX, Hyundai Genesis (2015) and the G80. While nice cars, each time I sat in one I felt like the setup was way too busy. And sorry but I see so many Mercedes C300, 400 or whatever floating around it is no longer special to me. It amazes me how both the MKS and Continental are about the same length but Lincoln managed to fit so much more back seat room and better trunk space into this new car than the MKS. The Continental is a roomy big car that does not drive like one, which is great in my opinion. Being able to switch between comfort and sport modes is nice. I like a floaty ride but i'm finding that I like the sport mode better. It provides good road feel while also exuding comfort. The base engine has a nice pickup and unless you are a race car driver it is is good for everyday driving. The upgraded engines seem like a "nice to have" but not having it is not a deal breaker on this car. The gas mileage is acceptable but not great. One great thing is this car can take regular gas but operates even better on mid-level fuel and doesn't necessarily need premium gas. The 20-inch tires are way better than the 18 or 19 inches in my opinion. If getting this car please do not do so without getting the Navigation or the Dual Moonroof. Both add to the total experience of this car. As for buying this car brand new, I don't know if I would pay 54K-80k for it but as a certified used car with a good warranty on it, it is an excellent buy. Well worth the money.

Black label Lincoln Continental is Top shelf!
By Adam

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Black Label 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have people stopping me to tell me how good looking this car is. I love driving it. It’s so plush but has enough get up and go when I hit the gas to satisfy this former Dodge Charger owner. The only criticism I have is I single rough shift between first and second that happens occasionally when coasting but otherwise it works like a dream.

Impressed
By Frank Quinn

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently replaced my 2014 Lincoln MKZ. Prior to that I owned a 2010 and A 2011 MKS. I was impressed by the smooth ride of the Continental. I opted for the 3.0 400 HP AWD Model. This is the best Lincoln I have driven and has exceeded my expectations. I liked each MKS I had, I actually bought 2 with 3.5 Ecoboost engines, had but I love the Continental. American elegance mixed with power and performance is exactly what I was looking for. Didn’t expect such a smooth ride and all the features. Would highly recommend.

All American Luxury
By Dennis

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a mid 40s male and traded in my mustang gt for a nearly fully loaded continental a month ago. All I can say is what a great car. The car looks great inside and out, there is nothing in my opinion that matches the Conty's style. Understated class. The car is very quiet and comfortable. The perfect position seats are great and the revel system sounds great. The car accelerates very well and has plenty of power for passing and getting down the road quickly. What I also really like about this car is that it is all American. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Never again !!!
By PK

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Premiere 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2017 Lincoln Continental for a year now, I bought new and now I have nothing but problems. I have had the door trim replaced twice, they keep coming loose from body of car. Now the passenger side doors will not open from the inside, talk about a safety issue!! I am so disgusted with this car. The dealership where I bought this car is also a joke, I feel that the service personal has no clue about this model as they just cannot fix the issues with this car. I had an airbag recall, the service person Broke one of the steering wheel buttons replacing the air bag and left a huge oily hand print on the hood. Lincoln service at its best. The six cylinder is very loud, not enough engine compartment insulation. I am just disgusted with all the problems I am having with this high priced auto. This is my very first Ford product and it will be my last. Never Again. Look elsewhere in the Luxury Car Market, you don't need or want the hassles this car will bring you. Sorry Ford I can attest that the old adage still holds true Fix Or Repair Daily is what Ford stands for.