2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:

Not my Town Car
By Karl

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased my Reserve AWD in March 18 after driving Town Cars for 20 years. While the Town Car is a dinosaur by comparison, its overall ride and storage capacity was far superior. That being said here are my thoughts so far at 7000 miles: PROS; 30 position massage seats though somewhat complicated to operate. MPG overall 23-24 and 27 Hwy on a few trips. 2.7 liter turbocharged engine offers good power. Above average rear seat room. Nice styling. Lots of bells and whistles though don't know if I'll ever use them all. CONS: Dash display option unnecessarily complicated. No option for a temperature gauge. Owners manual 3/4" thick and poorly organized. Below average trunk capacity but the rear seats fold down which helps. No power to auxiliary ports when engine is off. Soooo... bottom line is I wish Lincoln still built a Town Car but with all the tech updates and doodads that the Continental provides. The jury is out on whether I'll get another one when the lease is up

Connie is the car of my dreams!
By Steve M

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This 2017 Continental Reserve with many Black Label options is/has everything I have wanted. It looks classy, it has plenty of power, it handles very well and yet has a cushy ride. It is the perfect blend of power, performance, comfort and tech. yes, there are euro cars that have better sport performance, but I wanted a luxury cruiser that can still do 0-60 in 6 sec. Massaging/heated/cooled front AND back seats??? Heck, I can start my car from anywhere I have internet access from my phone. If it's cold, it turns on the rear defroster, the heat and heated seats. THAT is BIG when you work inside a large building. I paid more than 15k less to get a similar equipped and sized car over the euro competition. I have owned MB, Caddy and Volvo, and loved each one of them.... this one beats them all.

Pushbuttons
By Charlie73

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Pushbutton transmission shifter very difficult to get use to....if ever

2017 Ruby Red Lincoln -- Excellent Car!!!
By Kimmy

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I also own a 2009 Lincoln MKS which I love and still have. It is getting up there in mileage (176k) so my other half wanted me to have this. Let me say while okay I could see the room for improvement in the MKS. It looks like Lincoln made a note of all the lessons learned from that car and vowed not to repeat them on the Continental. The Continental is a fantastic car. One thing I like about Lincoln in comparison to other brands is the tech that is put into their cars is never convoluted or confusing to master. I've previously looked at the Acura TLX, RLX, Hyundai Genesis (2015) and the G80. While nice cars, each time I sat in one I felt like the setup was way too busy. And sorry but I see so many Mercedes C300, 400 or whatever floating around it is no longer special to me. It amazes me how both the MKS and Continental are about the same length but Lincoln managed to fit so much more back seat room and better trunk space into this new car than the MKS. The Continental is a roomy big car that does not drive like one, which is great in my opinion. Being able to switch between comfort and sport modes is nice. I like a floaty ride but i'm finding that I like the sport mode better. It provides good road feel while also exuding comfort. The base engine has a nice pickup and unless you are a race car driver it is is good for everyday driving. The upgraded engines seem like a "nice to have" but not having it is not a deal breaker on this car. The gas mileage is acceptable but not great. One great thing is this car can take regular gas but operates even better on mid-level fuel and doesn't necessarily need premium gas. The 20-inch tires are way better than the 18 or 19 inches in my opinion. If getting this car please do not do so without getting the Navigation or the Dual Moonroof. Both add to the total experience of this car. As for buying this car brand new, I don't know if I would pay 54K-80k for it but as a certified used car with a good warranty on it, it is an excellent buy. Well worth the money.

Black label Lincoln Continental is Top shelf!
By Adam

2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Black Label 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have people stopping me to tell me how good looking this car is. I love driving it. It’s so plush but has enough get up and go when I hit the gas to satisfy this former Dodge Charger owner. The only criticism I have is I single rough shift between first and second that happens occasionally when coasting but otherwise it works like a dream.