Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Continental for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

We have a limited number of reviews for the 1992 Continental, so we've included reviews for other years of the Continental since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
2.75 out of 5 stars

I love my hunk of junk......

Isoview, 05/27/2002
1990 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

My opinion of the 1990 Lincoln Continental, based on my own sordid experience, would be: It has been one of the worst cars ever from a reliability/maintainability/mechanical standpoint. I have had to replaced almost every major system. The only major component that has not failed is the forward portion of the transmission. The plastic interior molding flakes silver chips constantly and has for years. The sun roof leaks, the engine cuts off for unknown reasons during the spring and summer, the A/C/Heater is stuck permanently on "on", etc.,

3.5 out of 5 stars

Expensive to keep.

BW, 02/27/2003
1992 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

Nice car when it is running. I have replaced air shock and air pump, head gasket, air conditioning, and brake booster.

2.38 out of 5 stars

Headache to own

northdave, 04/17/2003
1992 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

1992 Lincoln Continental purchased used october 1992. Engine went bad day after purchase(63000 miles). New used engine replaced by seller had 47000 miles on it 12/12 warrenty. Transmission went bad 2 months after purchase. Rebuilt and on the way home engine started knocking it now has burnt valve. If you purchase a lincoln from this year have deep pockets.

2.5 out of 5 stars

Lincoln Lemon

lvnv7777, 09/25/2002
1990 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Everything has been replaced somethings 2 times! NO confidence in Lincoln Motor Co.

4 out of 5 stars

Fun but EXPENSIVE

Christopher , 05/01/2002
1991 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I do love my car don't get me wrong, but wow!! If I knew now how expensive it was to keep a car like this one going I would never have purchased my continental. But oh well now!! I have the pleasure of owning one of the most expensive hunks of junk on the planet!! I will say though that the ride is smooth but really this car was not woth the $$$

12345...7