Used 1999 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Survivor Story

Alive!!!, 06/18/2003
4dr Sedan

The best thing one can say about this vehicle is that it ALWAYS lived up to the hype, even in a major accident. I was hit by a full-size SUV, who ran a red light at 55 MPH, no skid marks. I am 6' 7" and I walked away. The car was totalled, but it did it's job. The safety cage around the passenger compartment held completely - not even a tear in the leather! The roof did not buckle - with the sunroof open! I will never own another make of vehicle.

33 year old view

esanjose, 10/31/2002
4dr Sedan

I narrowed my new car choice to the Infiniti G35 Sedan. However, the dealer had a 1999 LS400 on the lot. After test driving the G35 and the 1999 LS400, I was hooked on the LS400. My wife even agreed that the used Lexus felt more secure than the new G35 Sedan. I would label it a european sports sedan with top ratings in comfort, security, handling, and acceleration.

99 LS400

tripole, 09/28/2005
4dr Sedan

The vehicle was purchased as a Certified Pre-Owned, and has been flawless over the past 50K miles. The acceleration, and great fuel economy, are fantastic. It also stops on a dime. The build quality is excellent.

A Great Car

George Yurch, 08/04/2006
4dr Sedan

This is the type of automoble everyone should have the opportunity to own. It is such a great car to drive with no mechical problems. Just keep making the best car in the world. We've owned 4 and will never own anything other than the best.

The envy of all other manufacturers...

CloudNine, 10/22/2009
4dr Sedan

This is my second LS-400. Prior car was a '92 model. '98-00 version has many improvements over earlier models. VVTi, 5-speed trans, far more European 'feel' overall. Nakamichi audio is only bested by newer Mark Levinson system. Seats are quite firm but offer excellent support. Onboard trip computer is fun to toy with. Excellent fuel economy for a 3900-lb. vehicle, ranging as high as 33mpg on straight highway runs. Averaging 23 overall (mostly city). Only use genuine Toyota T-IV fluid when servicing the trans! Keep the oil clean and the 1UZ-FE engine should last forever. Styling has aged very gracefully. Still attracts attention even though 10 years old. HID headlamps excel. Pleased overall.

12345...7