Used 1999 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

The 2nd Lexus ....

steve397, 11/06/2011
4dr Sedan

This is my second Lexus. First was a 2001 ES 300 and I still think it is an excellent vehicle. But the 400 is truly the embodiment of comfort. At 63, fun driving is being able to drive for 6 hours to the mountains and arrive relaxed and able to enjoy the football game; Or drive to the formal New Year's Eve gala in comfort and style. The gas mileage is excellent, 29.5 on the highway trips (I use the ES300 around town). The back seat is so relaxing, our guests usually fall asleep on the trip. The CD/stereo is very fine. Terrific car.

Lexus: My Dream Machine

sargeusmc57, 08/15/2005
4dr Sedan

I've salivating for a Lexus lo these many years, and at last I own one. Used, albeit, but mine you bet. It is a treat just to look at this car. And to sit in it and drive it is a great treat for an auto enthusiast. I have driven just about everything in the American cars, and they can not compare in the slightest with this Lexus LS400. As for performance, it is exceptional - - 0 to 60 as fast as a Corvette. Quick enough for me at age 69. I just love to drive, wash, and polish this car. The look and feel of it are outstanding. On the road it is getting a tad over 25 mpg. I never came near that with any of my Detroit v8s - not one of them. Try one of these used as I did; it's great!

"Tis a True Review"

rnovaq71, 11/11/2002
4dr Sedan

This is some vehicle; I traded a 2000 Audi A6 Bi-Turbo for this 1999 Lexus LS400 w/42,000 miles. Let's start w/power; this car is a monster that's always under control ! The interior satisfaction is superb, it's 1st class 100%! Plus everthing works in perfect harmony! All controls & gadgets are placed w/in the access of driver or passenger. The exterior is flawless! No rattles, no sqweeks, no noise, just listen to the symphonic Lexus sound system. Even the CD-changer is above the glove box. Read all the reviews on the 1999 LS 400 ! In an un-perfect world it is truely the perfect vehicle !

Sweet car

JTP, 08/18/2003
4dr Sedan

Almost everything about this car is perfect. The best ride of any vehicle I have ever been in, almost silent inside, yet it grips the road like a cat climbing a tree. Every detail has been thought of by the Toyota engineers. Interior feels luxurious to the point of opulence. Lush walnut trim, plush leather seats as comfortable as the best chair in your house. Getting into the car instantly relaxes you. Almost unheard of even in a full-size car nowdays: three adults can sit in the rear, and the one in the middle is actually comfortable. Engine is as powerful as it is quiet. How do they do that?

What a car!

Michael Corbett, 06/21/2002
4dr Sedan

Traded my '96 LS 400 for the '99. I thought the '96 was the finest of the 40 cars I've bought in my lifetime. I was wrong. The '99 LS 400 tops anything I've driven, and I've many cars. The big changes in engine, suspension, etc. that took place in '98 through the 2000 model year were very obvious when I drove the '99. I was hooked on that drive and I'm still hooked. I really think this is the finest overall production sedan built, period.

12345...7