Used 1999 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Excellent, comfortable car

micahberry, 03/05/2012
4dr Sedan

Excels on the interstate, where it absorbs pavement irregularities superbly. It is a comfortable traveling car for my family. This is not a back road burner – the LS400 features a lot of body roll, which is to be expected as part of the design. You will be hard pressed to find a more comfortable long-range cruising car. I purchased this car with 113k miles. As of this writing, it has 140k. I have had to replace the starter, which I have learned through owner’s forums is a wearable item. In addition, rubber suspension bushings on the car should be replaced to keep the incredible Lexus ride. Thankfully, they don’t need to be replaced but once every 10 years or so!

Smooth Jazz On Wheels

lexpilot, 05/01/2002
4dr Sedan

My 99 LS 400 5 speed is much faster than my 97 4 speed. I've owned expensive cars for 20 years and this is my favorite. A usable hotrod. Perfect for trips. Concert sound going down the road. Quiet inside. The most restful car on a trip around. Room to put your luggage. In short a perfect long distance cruiser. No wonder there are a lot of high mileage LS 400's around.

Where have I been?

Allen Wilson, 02/21/2003
4dr Sedan

After a friend purchased a '98 ES 300, and seeing how quiet, well designed and smooth it was, I was forever taken by the Lexus name. My next venture was to find a bigger version, which of course is the LS. After test driving one, I was amazed at the smoothness of the ride, the accurate control, the solid, tight and assuring feel of the steering. I bought one a month later..

99 LS400

Richard Corder, 05/20/2006
4dr Sedan

My 3rd Lexus, the most reliable brand I have even owned. Zero problems with the car, strong performance, highway mileage is in excess of 27 mpg. Dealer service is outstanding, follow up from the manufacturer is excellent.

the legend lives on !

rockinbaz, 02/05/2012
4dr Sedan

hi this is the 6th lexus ls400 i have owned and they really are the best kept secret , its so so quiet , its the "sound of silence " the one i have now is a late 1999 model with cream/beige soft leather, its got more toys than toys r us...i did have a 430 but i like the 400 better its done 152 k i paid £2000 for it its just fantastic i would like to have one of the last 100 built in 2000 , and before i pop my clogs i will have one, i am 69 and i live in bolto ... oh and the dealers are simply the best a lexus owner can get !

12345...7