Used 2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used IS 350 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Upgrading from '06 IS 350 to '14 IS 350 F-Sport

element118, 06/11/2016
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

No doubt there should be a difference upgrading from an eight year vehicle to a newer car! Overall, I am very happy with my current addition of a 2014 IS 350 F Sport, definitely an upgrade from the 2006 IS 350 Sport I previously owned. Here are some observations: I'd give the current '14 IS 350 F Sport car a 9.0, vs. a 7.0, not surprising it has been 8 years in evolution. Plusses for the '14 IS include: very cool LFA-inspired instrumentation (although wish mph could be toggled to "analogue"), heavier, but substantial steering, sport modes incl S+, being able to change vehicle settings (incl door locks), LED lights, super comfortable front seats, more rear seat room, folding rear seats, plus I got F-Sport breaks and the air in-take. I do feel it is much faster (w/8spd transmission), although per rated HP it is not (prob get +5-10HP with the F-Sport air intake). Mark Levinson sound system is better by a small margin; like the USB connectivity, EnTune and Bluetooth radio Drawbacks vs. the '06 IS 350 incl: lack of ventilated seats, no memory seats (should be at least 2 sets, at least on driver's side): no sunglass compartment (ok since in did not work properly); console opens only upward and thus awkward vs. sliding backward and opening upward; moonroof operation was much better in '06 IS 350 Update Dec-18: now driving since purchase in 2016 - love the acceleration, torque and 8 speed transmission - much more fun that the 2006 I owned previously; love the F-Sport breaks but replacement was $3,000 at just under 30k miles (may be less without rotor replacements); remaining criticisms after 33k miles are as mentioned initially, the lack of ventilated seats (here in California, would use much more than heated seats that it has); and it really needs at least one memory setting for the driver seat; also neglected to mention the seats are very comfortable and a definite upgrade vs. the '06

2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport

Joel Corprew , 02/05/2018
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Owned this car for about 5 months now for my wife and we love it I occasionally drive it now and then. Coming from a 2012 MB C250 it’s definitely an upgrade. With 306hp you don’t really feel it since the car is somewhat heavy but you do feel the torque of 277 at a dead stop and you floor it. But once it’s up there it speed it tends to fell sluggish compared to other cars. The ride is smooth and quiet. Too quiet for me to be honest but hey your buying a Japanese luxury car. My only complaint is the voice command is extremely trash. It either won’t understand what your saying or do something completely opposite. Entering an address is a pain because 7 out of 10 times it’ll be wrong so I just use my phone. Haven’t had any major issues on this car since it is a daily driver miles will go up fast

Great Exterior, Not so well designed Interior

kikileon, 11/10/2014
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Great looking outside, definitely! Lots of power. Sadly the interior kills this car: Being a 2014, Lexus really missed the mark, specially for today's modern electronics. Poorly designed are: compass pointer appears to point in the opposite direction. Default on the main screen is not Home; poor map utility; no change holder for coins; cup holder is too narrow for anything other than a small cup; no place to put your phone; radio missing many featured buttons such as Scan button; no memory setting for seats/mirrors; poor turn signal design; poor dash display; radio highs are muffled; mouse does not click so you have to fiddle a lot to get it where you want.

Lexus Lover that just upgraded...

amschel, 06/07/2019
4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my first Lexus, aka as my Silver Bullet, in early 2014. I loved my car from the get go. It will still probably be my favorite car I have ever owned. I recently upgraded to a 2014. What the 2014 lacks from my 2006 makes up for what my 2006 lacked. I love the blind spot monitors but they only really work properly when the car is RIGHT next to you. My 06 did not have these so I do like them, but the sensoring could be better. Can we talk about how annoying the park assist is in a drive-through!!!... It beeps constantly and I feel like I have to be a foot or more from the window for it to stop constantly beeping, but again my 06 had none of these features so this are just minor annoyances. I got the AWD and the suspension feel to me is still an adjustment. My 06 was standard RWD before, so I feel like I feel bumps more easily now in the 14. I do love the feel of the new seats, and the back seat seems to be much roomier than the 06 - 12 model line was before. so very much a plus, but think the biggest issue I have is why did Lexus take away the touch screen ability!! I get it to an extend because the new model the screen sits further down into the dash that I couldn't really reach the new screen while driving, but the mouse is weird to me. I have heard and seen a lot of people complain about these so hopefully Lexus will listen for the new model line and bring back the touch screen. So much easier to navigate and use! All and all I love both cars and will probably buy a third IS down the line as I have overall been extremely happy with the reliability of this brand.

F-Sport package is worth the upgrade!

bluesteelm3, 04/01/2014
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I just recently traded my 2011 Lexus IS350 F-Sport for the 2014. I planned on ordering a 2014 IS F, but after test driving the IS350, was pretty much sold. I considered waiting for the RS F, but decided I did not want a coupe. The handling of this car is very similar to my 2006 M3...this car handles turns and seems to ‘grip’ the road much better than my 2011 IS – it drives more like a BMW. The engine sounds incredible – and truly proves that despite the luxury, this is a sports car. I ordered the red leather interior (which comes with carbon fiber trim and black accents), and it is absolutely gorgeous. The technology is significantly improved and the interior is much more sleek and refined.