2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

My terrible, no good very bad experience
By Kevin Pishkar

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

I would like to describe my experience with my "2018 Range Rover supercharge" that I special ordered from this dealership (Land Rover Houston, North). I finally got the car in March after much delay. Since then the car has been in the shop total of 6 times. Yes 6 times!! By the way this is my 6th Rover and I know the brand well. But there is definitely something wrong with this year model. As they have described it like this: "there is a ghost in this car"! The car has been at the dealer total of 2 months while they put me in one of their fancy Discovery loaners. Meanwhile I have made multiple car payments. Range Rover (Land Rover Houston, North) puts 50 miles on my car each way. They have driven my new car more than I have! The service department (Land Rover Houston, North) has been cooperative (Jason Baisden - Service Manager) but the issues have continued to happen. We discussed a "buy-back" option but the area Land Rover USA representative has refused and is now asking me to bring the car back AGAIN for another software update coming out soon. This is a disaster for the brand which I have defended for years. I strongly suggest to take your $129,000 and buy something else. It is a shame that Range Rover (Land Rover Houston, North) has decided to continue to keep me in this car which is a bundle of electronic disaster. NEVER again I would deal with this product or this dealership (Land Rover Houston, North) if they refuse to buy this car back. Gorgeous car with bunch of bugs!! They are about to open another Dealership in West Houston and I will make sure we pass the word to all friends to avoid the car!! My next step is a legal action and applying the Texas Lemon Law to my car. This manufacturer has failed to deliver a promise you make to the customer when selling a car. This car is a driving hazard!!

Junk Rover 2018 Range Rover sport
By Suckered customer

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE Td6 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Received order mid May 2018. Had electronics issues day one. Within first 24 hours parts started to fall off the vehicle. Engine issues with warning lights started within a few days of receiving the vehicle. Had 19 return trips for ongoing issues. Trailer package never worked. Park assist never worked. Camera system failed while at the dealer. Touchscreen would not accept touch input. Cruise control had total failure on the interstate with engine shut down. Engine failed on return trip to dealer. In 4 months of ownership the dealer had the vehicle for over 3 months. The engine and cabin were repeatedly torn apart to change out parts and boxes. Land Rover engineers repeatedly played with software so one time the vehicle was not in English. All the increasing electronic issues resulted in the dash being torn apart so many times that you could not open the glove compartment. Filled “lemon law” under state statutes and finally Land Rover USA had to refund my money. My parting comment is that the vehicle looks great but in my experience it is JUNK. I personally would avoid Land Rover products. I had to wait 5 months from time of ordering to receive my junk. I ordered all the options in the Diesel engine and option packages all for one month of intermittent possession and 3 months at the dealer before got a refund.

Drives Fantastic, Technology Awful
By Chris Cook

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The Range Rover Sport is looks great, drives great, but the new technology is awful! I specifically waited for the 2019 model with the new touchscreen technology throughout, and this vehicle was delivered in May of 2018. It is clear that this tech had not been thoroughly tested. It is slow and VERY buggy. Some screens take a long time to come up and other times the screens are completely blank. I sent to dealer to update to the lasted version, and not much has changed since that update. My prior vehicle was a Tesla, which occasionally had to reboot, but otherwise worked seamlessly. The interior technology and the accompanying mobile apps are so bad, that it almost outweighs how great this car drives.

Looks Great But Doesn’t Work Great
By Pat Q

I custom ordered a 2018 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic V8 in February 2018 and took delivery in late May of 2018. The vehicle looks awesome both inside and out. I test drove the V6 which was pretty unimpressive so I got the V8. Tons of power, fast and the exhaust sounds great. Now for the negatives. Nothing but problems with the electronics and infotainment system. Back-up camera did not work consistently. Visibility when backing up is limited using the mirrors so the camera is pretty much a necessity. It’s very nerve racking backing this thing up when the rear camera doesn’t work. One night the vehicle just would not start for about 20 minutes. A couple of times the Air Conditioner randomly decided to turn itself off. 3G WiFi frequently doesn’t turn on after starting the vehicle. I complained to the dealer and they had me bring it in for repair. They did a software update to the system to address the problems. After the update the back-up camera works most of the time - but still occasionally won’t turn on when I put the vehicle in reverse. After the update some new problems appeared that were not present prior to the update. The interior ambient lighting resets to the highest setting after the ignition is turned off - and sometimes the vehicle will randomly change my color selection to the white light setting. Radio presets on the lower touchscreen also developed a problem where they would appear for about a second and then disappear before I can use them. Other one off random glitches occur every couple of days. I contacted the dealer regarding the new problems and I was told there is currently no fix for them. Some sort of corrupt software problem that they are trying to sort out. The dealer put me on a list with other people having problems and will call when a new software update is available. Everyday is a new adventure in problems and glitches with the electronics. Do a quick search on the internet for 2018 Range Rover Sport Problems and it won’t take you long to see what I am talking about. It’s unbelievable that any brand new car could be sold with so many defects, let alone one in this price range. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought another Mercedes or BMW. So bottom line, if you really want the vehicle doe to it’s awesome looks and performance, just be prepared to live with some glitchy electronics problems that Land Rover doesn’t know how to fix.