Used 2017 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Soul for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Like it, but don't love it

Epeterd, 07/12/2020
+ 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for two weeks. I mostly like it, but it is frustrating in two respects. First of all, all the reviews complaining about gas mileage are true. I was expecting it, but I am a bit shocked by how bad it is compared to the EPA estimates of 25/27/30. I'm not getting anything close to that. I got gas this afternoon (7/11/20) and for the previous tank I had gotten 22.47 miles per gallon in mixed driving. My commute is about 60% interstate, though adding in other driving around town, it probably works out to 50/50 interstate and city driving. While that is frustrating to me, it's much better than the ~15.5 I was getting in the 2003 Honda Pilot I had previously. The second thing that bugs me is the get up and go is a bit lacking. I realize it's a 4 cylinder, so I'm not expecting something amazing. But there are times coming from a red light or stop sign that it doesn't seem to shift gears and get going. Most of the time it's not bad, sometimes it lags badly though. Also, living in the hills of north Georgia is a bit annoying, it can lag a bit going up hills. In general it drives well. Seems to be pretty quiet. The interior is nothing special, but I it's decent. Still looks new even though it's 3 1/2 years old. I like the stereo, and I'm loving finally having a rearview camera. The cargo area is small, especially compared to the Pilot that I had, which of course was about two feet longer. I like the cool tray under the cargo area and above the spare tire well. Divided into thirds, probably six inches deep. That's a pretty cool idea, good for keeping things such as window cleaner, Rain-X, etc. Overall I enjoy the car. It's nothing fancy, and the gas mileage is a bit ridiculous for a small car like this, but overall it's a good car. Definitely a good car for someone with limited funds. Update: 14 Jan 21-- I'm still liking the car, but the gas mileage still drives me nuts. I get under 22 mpg on some tanks. However on long highway trips I get around 29, so not too bad. One other annoying thing that the panic button is entirely too easy to push when it's in my pocket. It shouldn't be that easy to press when I lean the wrong way. But overall, I still like the car.

2 out of 5 stars

A Soul + at a Soul ! price

Tim, 02/07/2017
! 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I've always liked the Kia Souls but never got one because I felt they were under powered. Enter the 2017 Kia Soul ! and its 1.6L turbo engine. The engine isn't the problem with this car. The problem is that it is only available on the Exclaim model and the Exclaim has added and subtracted a few things. They've added a red strip that goes around the bottom of the exterior and gave the interior Leather/cloth seats with orange stitching. They didn't make the Soul a race car by any means, they just added an engine that gave it enough power not to feel like you had to floor it everywhere you went. So why would they make it like a kids toy and add stupid little things like that? On to the list of things that are gone. The front cooled seats are no longer an option and the heated front seats are still there but now only have 2 heat settings instead of 3. Those items are still available on the Soul +. So instead of getting the Soul ! that used to be the top trim level you're getting a Soul ! that isn't even fully loaded. Still, it is a great car Kia just needs to figure out their color schemes and option availability.

2 out of 5 stars

Love my 17 Base Soul.

Joseph Miller, 11/23/2017
4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Have had my car since 2017. Taken it on a 4000 round trip, and drive about 150 miles per day. The seats are pretty comfy, I’m over 6’5 and have almost no complaints. I have a 2 year old and his car seat does fit snug, but that is expected for any car that isn’t an SUV. Handles like an SUV but has some sport to it. Fuel usage is my biggest issue. Go anything over 60 mph and expect for mpg to drop drastically. You really have to baby the gas peddle to get anywhere near 30. I also drive an Altima and get 35 mpg, for comparison. Safety features are not the best, but if you want just a car without all the extras you shouldn’t mind. Love mine and hoping to trade it in for a new 2020.

5 out of 5 stars

Functionality, features & funky looks.

Peter DM, 03/08/2020
+ 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I recently bought a lightly used 2017 Soul EX Tech, which is the fully loaded Canadian model (but without the turbo engine). I also looked at small SUVs like the Toyota Rav4, the Honda HR-V, Kia Sportage, BMW X1 & the Mini Countryman. The Soul is more compact on the outside the any of these, but still feels as roomy on the inside. The panoramic sunroof is a really nice feature - especially in the winter - making the car feel bright & spacious, even in the back seats. Full range of electronic options: heated steering wheel, heated & cooled front seats, heated rear seats, Harmon Kardon stereo system, large GPS/ multi-function screen, blind spot monitoring, lane assist etc. The BMW & Mini did not have have some of these in a car costing $10,000 - $15,000 more. Performance is adequate, seating is firm, but comfortable, visibility is superb, gas mileage not great, but acceptable, cargo space is good for such a small vehicle. Recommended for anyone looking for a versatile, well-equipped, functional, roomy & distinctive small vehicle.

5 out of 5 stars

Aliens👽have invaded a second time!!!

kmartin, 11/05/2017
4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Yes it's green! Great car! Quiet. Great pickup on sport mode. Dealership worked to get me great deal.

12345...7