Used 2018 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Sorento for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Great SUV

Lee C, 01/29/2019
LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd SUV after my VW Tiguan crapped out at 150k. What an upgrade! Never thought I’d have a more comfortable and exceptional road handling vehicle but the Kia Sorento with 6 cylinder engine outperforms with a luxuriously quiet smooth ride. I would call this vehicle perfect except for two things. Kia puts hankook tires on the lx with awd and they suck. They have poor traction in wet and snowy conditions. This leaves me wondering how Kia could create such a gem of a vehicle which they know people are buying for the all wheel drive ability and mount poor performing tires on it. Kia should start paying attention to customer reviews. I immediately bought Michelin Premier tires and the issue is fixed but at an $850 cost. Trust me it’s money well spent. The second item is minor but not fixable. The stereo controls on the steering wheel are poorly designed and while turning I’m constantly changing the volume and switching stations by accident. Kia needs to change that in their next version. Overall I love this Sorrntoand would buy it again in a second.

Our Second Sorento...Just Couldn't Resist

Stephen Hendricks, 05/15/2018
SX Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We had a 2012 Sorento that was mainly my wife's daily driver and the trip vehicle for our family of three plus our large dog. It had been a completely reliable ride for 70K miles but with so many safety improvements in recent years we felt it was time to look around again. We considered just about every SUV/Crossover with an MSRP of $50K or less. Frankly we couldn't find a better set of features, a more comfortable and quiet ride, and a "just right" size in any other vehicle. The excellent price combined with a generous trade-in at the local KIA dealer meant we came home with a 2018 SXL AWD model. Update: (5/22/19) We're up to 17,000 miles on our 2018 Sorento and just as happy as when we bought it in the first quarter of 2018. It's my wife's daily driver and the family's trip vehicle. In the 13 months we've owned the vehicle we've been on trips to the Washington coast, to the Cascades to ski, and on several trips to the Oregon coast. All without a single issue. We would, of course, like to get better fuel economy but at 23 mpg we meet or exceed EPA estimates for mixed driving and with literally no repairs of any kind required.

Awesome

Amber Key, 06/25/2019
LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have been in the Mountains for over a week now and it is a great ride on and off road

Korean fit

luis p, 02/09/2018
SX Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Being 6.2 and heavy, found out this vehicle is not for long trips, for unless size/weight is average person from Korea, it gets cumbersome on a long haul. As to the back being comfy, not really. Seats do not adjust properly, and passengers have complained about lack of comfort. Admittedly, these individuals are older, and previous to this vehicle, we had a Honda Odyssey Elite. Why did I buy it then? A blunder, in my case. Performance is good, and the adaptive cruise control works like clockwork. Storage spaces throughout the cabin is quite limited. Ours has under 3000 miles, and for those more on the average/petite size this SUV should be more pleasing. I must tilt my head a little when boarding the vehicle. Stereo is average, and CD player heats up rapidly, hate to play it too much during hot weather. 3.5 Stars. PS Upon further driving, the vehicle grows on you. Comfort level remains iffy, unless you are a small person. For those sitting in the back is not a comfortable situation. No reclining of seats, and basically one position. Myself I have to tilt my head to enter (my chiropractic is quite thrilled about it), just because I am over 6 feet. So far the vehicle appear sturdier than most, and relatively quiet. 4 Stars. 2-14-2019: This vehicle had been reliable, and in that sense, more satisfying than initially thought, but I have bought a Telluride instead.

Pleasant surprise!

Richard, 03/12/2018
EX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I had just turned in a 2015 Acura RDX for the new Sorrento. I was not expecting the same amount of car for the price of a new RDX. Boy was I surprised. This is more car for nearly the same amount we were paying before. The only thing I gave up was the sun roof which a do miss a bit. However, I am impressed with the way the Sorrento handles and the engine response. I keep finding things it can do that I was unaware of. I am puzzled as to why KIA did not put in day-time running lights. I have to turn on the parking lights to be seen by other drivers. (??????????)

12345...6