Used 2008 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Sedona for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

How can a minivan make you smile?

Greg Jones, 04/29/2018
LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It’s not a sports car, nor a fancy SUV and certainly not an off road vehicle. The smile comes when you need a mini moving van, a really good people mover and a comfortable pleasant ride. I have owned several makes of this strange creature and the Kia wins hands down.

I love my KIA Sedona

D A, 02/15/2018
LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this van used and got a great deal. I needed it as I was moving across country with a child and 2 dogs. It Drove wonderfully and everyone was comfortable. The van is now 10 years old and I have had it for 4 of those years. It starts everyday and I have not had to put hardly anything into this van. It is as good as a Toyota Sienna (had one previously) at a much lower cost. Best descison I ever made.

Best van I have ever owned.

Jerry, 02/17/2016
4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Best seats and ride. I can drive 350 miles and my back doesn't hurt. I am 82 years old! The controls are very convenient. All in all this is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have had many. Minnesota owner.

Not comfortable

clhughart, 01/16/2013

In 2012 we purchased a 2008 Sedona with 65,000 miles to replace a 92 Plmouth Voyager that had 210,000 miles. The Sedona handled much better and had lots of power compared to the Plymouth. Our Sedona had non-power cloth seats; my back would hurt after about an hour and my wife complained about her legs hurting. We sold the Sedona after owning for three months. First time I've had a vehicle for such a short period of time. Also, the carpet was sort of like that trunk carpet where you can't hardly sweep anything out of it (sand/grass/etc.). The doors would easily freeze shut in the cold, and the interior trim just didn't look like it was gong to hold up as well as the Plymouth did.

Great find

Amy , 06/01/2008

After test driving and researching other mini-vans, we found the Kia Sedona to be the best performer and the best value. I gave up my SUV- loving ways and purchased a minivan in preparation for the birth of our first child. I can now safely say that I don't miss my SUV at all! With a baby on the way and two dogs to transport, this van really is the most convenient and fun vehicle I have driven. Great handling and features like the stow away third row seats have made us thrilled with our decision.

Very good value used

wildkard58, 11/21/2011

I bought a 2008 Kia Sedona LX (no options) in November 2011 for $12,600 CDN. The car had 38,000 kms on it with full bumper to bumper warranty until September 2013. I've had it for 17 days now with 1,000 kms put in. The V6 engine is the same as the Hyundai Genesis' V6 - smooth with plenty of power. The Sedona is a very good highway cruiser: quiet, comfortable and decent gas consumption. In the city, the suspension will tell you every bump in the road. It doesn't handle as well as it's competitors but that's not saying that the Sedona handles poorly. It is car like in handling but not as good as it's competitors. Base LX model is pretty loaded. Very good minivan for your money.

Great value

David, 08/10/2017
LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The engine and acceleration on this van are great! We have 136,000 miles and have had NO engine problems. We've changed the battery, but that's about it. I'm very satisfied with the overall quality of all the parts that matter- engine, etc. But, the inside of the car feels a little cheap. It feels "plastic-y". But, we bought this car for overall value so we're very happy with a peppy, great motor and drive, and don't really care about the feel of the inside controls.

KIA Not Loyal to Me

jarhead6591, 01/14/2012

We bought a brand new '08 KIA Sedona EX, with all the bells and whistles (leather heated seats, adjustable pedals, sunroof, DVD system, etc., except navigation). We had an '06 Sedona LX that we liked and I figured we'd go for top of the line. Don't get me wrong, we love our EX, but will never buy another KAI again; no trade-in or resale value. We average 20 miles to the gallon, combined city and highway, but wanted something better on the gas. We checked into the KIA Sorento, really liked it and it gets excellent gas mileage with the 2.4L GDI engine. When I asked what I could get for a trade-in, I was told $13,000. My best advice...check resale values before you buy your next new car.

Great Van, Great value

acher, 06/12/2008

Purchased a new Kia Sedona ex with all the bells and whistles. The more I drive the Sedona the more I love it. Jd power rates the quality better than Honda Odyssey. I've done a lot of research before I purchased the Kia. You are not going to find a better van which is safer, great value for the dollar than the Sedona. Plus the sports triptronic transmission is a nice feature. The Sedona also puts out 250 horse power, giving it a lot of power for a minivan. Gas mileage is on par with toy/Honda. The interior is very nice in leather with the heated seats, dvd player, sunroof, automatic door opener, abs, ets system, 5 star crash rating and the list goes on. Plus a great 10 yr warranty.

Still Reliable at 133K

MandyH, 01/25/2018
LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van with less than 20k miles on it and have found it to be a very reliable/dependable vehicle. It has never left us stranded or threatened to do so. We have only had oil changes and some of the suggested regular maintenance performed. Nothing to report, just normal wear and tear like brake pads, tires, and an alignment or two. The only negatives I can think of is that I do not like the fabric in the interior it seems to collect lint like I never knew was possible and I have owned few cars. We did have problems with the sliding of the side doors but one was a factory recall and the other the dealership fixed it for no cost when they were replacing tire tpms sensors. I am glad I do not have power doors - these can be expensive to fix.

12345...6