Used 2004 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A) Consumer Reviews

12345...13

It wouldn't die!

therangerman, 08/19/2014
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Living in Canada, our winters are hard on cars. This van would not die! I bought this van with 250,000km on it and I ran it until 450,000km it was still running strong but I hit a moose going 110km an hour and it destroyed the van. Every year we would haul a 4500pound trailer all the way around Ontario and it never really hurt the van. Even though every year the rear heater lines would rot out there was nothing really done other than regular maintenance. The a/c stopped working after hitting my second deer. But other than those things you could run this van through hell and it wouldn't even get a scratch I even took it muding once. good job Kia you built a bullet proof tank

We put A LOT of miles on this van!

rockscryout, 01/07/2014
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over 180,000 miles on this van and still going. I keep changing the oil and it keeps going! I've had to replace the water pump twice and the coil packs went out so we replaced those. Air conditioner worked well up 'til last summer. The suspension doesn't seem to be that great and I haven't sprung to replace the struts although the van needs it-- but really, how many more miles am I going to be able to put on it? I'm really happy with it over all.

Where do I start?

shamgar, 09/22/2011
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am always amazed to see newer Sedonas on the road. I can't understand why anyone would buy one of them anymore. My car had so many problems during the warranty that I was one of 10 people across the U. S. to participate in a J.D. Powers interview at my local Kia dealership. Several engineers from Korea were there also to examine my car along with J.D. Powers staff. The whole thing was taped for whatever reason. Front brakes including the rotors have to be replaced every 20K. Front tires and struts, and engine mounts, ditto. Horn was replaced at least six times. A/C proportioning valve had to be replaced. Rear deck lid struts went out quickly.

Family in action

George Byrum, 09/08/2016
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Faithful to its duty. Its a KIA. If you wanted a sports car, you wouldn't be reading this.

Not bad but ages prematurely

soccerdad, 10/15/2010
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new from dealer end of '03. This minivan has plenty of power and ample passenger room. However, cargo space is very limited. Ran flawlessly the first 1.5 years, then brakes began to squeal. We replaced the brakes on warranty twice in the first 50K miles, a bit undersized for weight of the vehicle, maybe? Also replaced wheel bearings, again on warranty. The Kia dealership where we bought and service the car is tops, but I wish we didn't have to spend so much time visiting with them on warranty issues. Now the engine sounds like it's getting tired. We're Trading it in this weekend (probably not another Kia) before it gives up the ghost for good.

12345...13