2015 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

2015 Kia Optima
By randy Gwirtz

2015 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Over all decent car. The passenger seat does sit low. Decent gas mileage. Do like the heated and cooled seats especially in the summer time for the cool vented seats. Overall I do like the way it drives and handles and it does seem like a very well built vehicle.

Great purchase
By Dian

2015 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Car has everything you need in a vehicle.

2015 Optima Engine Failure!!!
By Yvette714

2015 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2015 Kia Optima in October 2014 brand new from the Pomona dealership. My car currently has about 47,500 miles on it, less than 2 yrs old, and has had knocking noise when accelerating, white smoke out of tailpipe, and check engine light came on right before it started violently shaking. I then had to have it towed to a Kia dealership. I have kept up with routine oil changes/maintenance. After googling this issue, I found that there were MULTIPLE complaints with newer KIAs regarding the same issues. I am hoping, unlike MANY of the complaints & class action lawsuit I read online, that my engine will be covered under warranty. This engine needs to be RECALLED (like the Hyundai Sonata engine)! I also spoke with my neighbor who has a Kia Optima with the same issues (Hers is making a loud knocking noise). I also have received comments from numerous friends on Facebook who complain of the same issue as well. The dealership says its Oil Sludge. I took care of my car like I should have & am stuck now in a hardship both financially & physically. Super stressful!!! Especially when I have previously owned/leased 5 other cars before this with absolutely NO mechanical problems…My previous car was a Toyota Camry with over 100k miles on it and ran perfectly when I sold it to buy a new Kia. I maintained it the same way I have maintained my Kia and the other cars I’ve had (Lexus, Nissan, Honda). This is the first time I’ve ever had a major issue with a car I’ve owned… And it was bought brand new (unlike some of my other previous cars)!

In speaking with a few different mechanics and friends who know a lot about cars, this seems to be a KIA engine issue, and they know of no cars that get oil sludge being this new and even cars who have gone without oil changes for 15k+ miles. DON'T BUY A KIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Optima is optimal.
By james karas

Awesome
By saheed adekunle

2015 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)