Used 2010 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Optima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

A Solid Budget Minded Choice

sronald1918, 12/31/2014
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car as a 9 month old former rental car in December 2010. I had no significant problems for about a year and then a dying out problem occurred that required me to go all the way up to a vice president of Kia Motors America (KMA) to get it fixed under warranty. This problem required multiple attempts at 2 Kia dealerships and a number of repair efforts by the KMA engineer for the Eastern United States, but it was finally fixed after about a year. My experience is that Kia has a long and sometimes difficult warranty. Some minor paint and trim issues also appeared after about 4 years that were not covered by the warranty. As to performance and comfort, the car is fine. Update July 2021, there are over 126,000 miles on the odometer and the car is running well. Over the years a number of parts needed replaced, but nothing major. The interior has held up well with no holes in the carpet or tears in the seats. The engine is quiet, powerful, and smooth and takes less than a quart of oil between oil changes. The transmission is smooth, works well, and does not leak (the fluid was changed at 60,000 miles and 118,000 miles). While this sedan is not fancy or flashy, I have found it to be fairly comfortable, reliable, and economical.

Great so far!

char3lee, 03/05/2011
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car so far. I have put about 1000 miles on it and am really enjoying it. I bought it barely used, and feel I got a great deal. The back is very roomy for two people and a third would be pretty comfy if they were not too big or if it wasn't a long trip. It has all of the things that are important to me and more. I did get the higher end wheels and automatic driver's seat, which are nice. It has lots of pep and I get 33 mpg on the highway. I think that's great for a non-hybrid. Everything is just laid out great! Get one now, because I think the price will go up on these. The 2011 looks even nicer.

I love my Optima

redsgirl1, 05/31/2012
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2010 KIA Optima a year ago and I couldn’t be happier. It was one of KIA’s “rentals” with 12,000 miles on it and in pristine condition inside and out. I’m getting about 30 mpg around town. It handles beautifully and I feel safe and secure driving it. My mechanic was very impressed with it when I took it in for an oil change. Said I made a smart purchase. I’m an old woman now, 67, and this will probably be my last car but if I ever have to buy another car I would buy this one in a heartbeat.

Great car for $

lisa522, 11/03/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's a great running car, good on gas. Lots of room on the inside. 3 kids ages 7,9 & 12 also a hubby that is just over 6 feet. Very roomy. It has a big trunk also. We went from a 3rd row seat trailblazer. The trailblazer was good but we would have to put the back seat to travel so the kids had to sit in the bench seat anyways so it doesn't really change with the space we need cause the optima trunk is so big & so much better on gas.

Underrated car

driver, 06/26/2010
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Now let me start with this car isn't quite as sporty on the outside such as like Malibu or Altima. However for someone who works at a rental car company and have compared them the logical choice was optima. IT drives the smoothest out of the camry, altima, avalon, fusion, and Malibu. It has some very cool features like bluetooth, satellite radio and the inside lights at night are cool. Overall this vehicle is cheaper and IMHO features inside the vehicle.