Used 2007 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

157,000 miles and still going strong!
By Brad

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was a bit apprehensive when I bought this car new back in 2007. The 10 year/100,000 mile warranty is what gave me the confidence to give it a try. I have been more than pleased. I have had ZERO major issues, since I've had the car. I just recently had the struts replaced, but I could have probably gone longer without touching them. My prior car to this one was a General Motors car that was one issue after another. This one has been great!

Great car for the money.
By Razor

2007 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem I had is the sun visors and a blown subwoofer. Other than that been a really good car!

Great for a New Driver
By TravelGirl007

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing vehicle! Great handling, perfect safety features, amazing gas mileage and super fast! I absolutely love this car!

Best car I have ever owned
By Joni Holt

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have 157000 miles on my car it has never failed me. Constant and reliable. I have maintained mine well and the paint still looks like the day I bought it. Everything has held up well. Great car for anyone. I have been driving over 4o years and I have never had a car perform so well for so long. I don't doubt this car will see 250000 miles.

Great car until now..
By wolfenbuttel

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car Used from Enterprise car sales with 43,000 miles on it. Gas mileage was below expected averaging around 20-24 instead of the 28-32 like the sticker said. Absolutely love the look and design of the car but, have had numerous problems with the transmission not shifting smoothly. The headlights and tail light bulbs blowing every 6 months, but fixed that issue with an HID conversion kit on the car. The trunk randomly pops open on it's own, and It has had the worst electrical issue with the AC randomly shutting off and on, Dealership tried to tell me it was the blower motor but that was a lie. I had it replaced and it does the same thing.

The controls on my steering wheel do the opposite of what they are labeled. Now my radio doesn't work and ate a CD that I cannot get out of the radio. The AM and FM reception is absolutely awful, and the Passenger air bag light never disengages even with a passenger in the seat. Both of my sun visors have broke and have to be replaced $150. Luckily I can do most of the work my self. The most major problem other than the electrical is The car has left me stranded because it wouldn't start. It has a cracked intake manifold somehow and, the connectors from the manifold to the engine block are leaking and sucking in air causing the car to run lean at idle and triggers the CE light.

Make buying parts for the car easier!! it makes me so mad that every time I try to buy a part for this car it's a specialty part that I can only get through the dealership! Which by the way is a heck of a lot more expensive than it should be. The dealership should stop lieing to people about the passenger airbag light. Also be upfront and let people know the transmission fluid has to be flushed and filled every 30K miles not the normal 80-90k like every other transmission out there.