Skip to main content

Used Optima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great reliable car, awesome gas mileage, low maint

Carrie, 09/08/2015
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 used Kia Optima LX 4cy, front wheel drive, back in 2006 or 2007. It had 47k miles on it. This car was bought from a reputable dealership, one owner, and the cost was about $10,000 dollars. It had air conditioning, powered windows and locks, cd player and radio, powered mirrors, and rear folding seats, with a console to pull down in the back for 2 cup holders. And 2 cup holders in the front. It was awesome on gas. Very reliable (if you take good care of it). Change your belts and pulleys when needed or at 60,000 miles! You have 2 belts. One for power steering and ac and the other is something else. Since it is the sister car to Hyundai, the parts between the 2 are interchangeable. Only issue I had was electrical problems when I hit over 100,000 miles. But it was 10 or 11 years old when I got rid of it. Also, if there are heavy rains or big puddles, your belts will squeal, no harm though. Brakes are good. When it breaks down, might be a little more expensive to repair because it's not american, but you don't have to take it to a special dealership or anything to fix it. Plenty of places will fix them. CONS: During the winter it handles about as well as any front wheel drive, but it sits a little lower to the ground. Electrical issues I had at 100k miles was the horn blaring at random times, and radio being funny. My LX 4 cyl, didn't have heated or cooled seats, sunroof, gps, or blue tooth. But had cigarette outlet and outlet for gps or whatever. Not good for very tall people. My 6ft 7 ex husband had a hard time getting in and out, and leg room problems. It's a good car for short or shorter people. According to my husband at the time, he said it had a 15 or 20 gallon tank. I got about 25-32 mpg. Take good care of it and it will take good care of you. Only cars I will drive are chevy and Kia's.

4 out of 5 stars

3.38 out of 5 stars

Bad Car to purchase

fireman33, 08/08/2011
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read alot of reviews on this car and some are good and some are bad. The ones that are good i hope it keeps going good for you. Well i have an 04 kia optima and I thought it was going to be a good car. I thought wrong , I have had nothing but problems with it since i got it. I have had it for a year and a half and bought it with 78k on it and now it has 99k on it. I have had the timing belt replaced along with the crank sensor, the cluthch has been replaced in it , 4 new tires put on it and thats because the control are was bent and it had to be replaced, it had had the fuel pump replace twice and the fuel pump assembly replace twice and its in the shop right now getting that done.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Stylish but electrical night mare

Happy but nervous.., 02/23/2010
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car at a reasonable price. The Interior and Exterior are both in great condition and I love the way it rides and all the bells and whistles. BUT, the power locks LOCKED ME IN MY CAR!!!! I can't lock the doors with the switch inside I must ride with the car unlocked. Not a good selling point. Otherwise I love it but who wants to climb out of the passanger side????? This is a major issue that I'm hoping won't cost very much to fix.! KIA please note this problem so future owners won't go through this not to mention how dangerous being locked in your car COULD BE!

4.25 out of 5 stars

3 years with this car

illnino, 09/14/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When i first got it, i wasn't sure at first on getting a KIA, it wasn't my dream car. I had it for 3 years now and ive seen some of the reviews. It CAN be true when it comes to breaking down..but the fact is, its only for some people that could just get to point A to Point B. I only had trouble TWICE within 3 years of having it. I'm very patient when it comes to driving, slowing down, and i always do my oil/transmission/ and tune ups on time. I recommend ONLY for slow patient drivers, its a long lasting vehicle

4.25 out of 5 stars

Overall Good Car

Anthony J., 10/26/2010
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car in 2005 when we had addition to our family. Looked at Altima, Malibu, Impala & Accord but they were more than we were willing to pay. Some how ended up on Kia lot and that's where the story begins. Took car for test drive:nice interior, sunroof, good power, auto-stick. I was really surprised. I haven't had a single problem with it since I've owned the car besides getting a new battery and routine maintanence. The paint job, however, isn't to good. Car doesn't hold its value.

12345...32