2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Renegade model:

2015 Renegade Trailhawk
By RBailey

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Pretty much once you get used to the CVT this thing is a cruising beast. I love it! Looks good, rides good, MGP is slightly less then advertised but a solid vehicle. I hope this things lasts forever cause it is a sweet little tank. Trailhawk version is sweet!

6600mi.....Looking good!
By Joel in So Cal

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Sport 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I shouldn't read other peoples reviews....they frighten and confuse me! Ok...Driving it 150miles a day has been great. Smooth ride, Great Mileage...32.5 average daily. The worst part is the drivers seat. I'm 5'6" and the bottom of the drivers seat rubs under my knees. Never had that problem before. Had to buy a back cushion to nudge me forward a bit. Other than that, the power is good if you rev it up and don't shift too fast. If you're driving fairly calmly, then it's fine as well, just not a quick starter off the line. The turbo takes a bit to kick in, but lets be honest, I bought this for the extra room in the back over a sedan, and the decent mpg. The Bluetooth for the phone audio is HORRID! No one can hear me when I speak through the car's system, so I have to still use the speaker phone or a headset. When listening to music and Audiobooks, the bluetooth works well, and I like that it reads me a text message through the system as well. I think the 6 speed manual is the smoothest shifting transmission I've ever had. It's like butter in every gear. I read some ladies review and she ripped the shifting on the 6 speed. I can't imagine what the heck she is doing to have those problems. I drove 3 different Renegade's and they all shifted great! I like the Auto Parking Break feature. I think it should be on by default. I found it by accident a few weeks after buying the car. Much safer than finding myself squished by the car while getting my mail! Visibility is good. You can't see out of the rear little windows, but the car still has excellent visibility. The price was $17020 + Tax $20,000 with everything and a full reimbursment accident policy. I normally don't get anything like that, but it wasn't expensive and will get me new car someday if the worst happens. Great experience with the car a few months in and 6500mi.

Jeep Renegade
By Paul Hackney

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade SUV, 4WD, 4 door. I have had it since August, 2015, and have broken down twice in remote areas (mountains and beach). Although I was told by the dealer (from whom I have bought 4 Jeeps) that to buy the Roadside Service would be a good thing. It wasn't. Neither was the service from the Company (Jeep/Chrysler) nor the dealer (Atlantic Auto, Egg Harbor Township, NJ). Yesterday I spent 4 1/2 hours on the beach as I watched the tide get closer and closer to my Jeep. I was finally pulled out of the sand. I have had other instances where the service has been terrible. My last 5 vehicles were Jeeps (Liberty and Wrangler) but I will never buy another one and will never buy another vehicle from Atlantic Auto Group.

Why all of the hate???
By John

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been reading these reviews and honestly I had to chime in. I have a 2015 Latitude 4x4 with the 1.4 turbo 6-speed manual. I have about 10,500 miles on it so far, have had it since February 2016. I've had it to the dealer two times so far, but only for oil changes ( I choose to change the oil every 5k miles by choice...but that's me). These reviews that people are putting out here are terrible, it's like they didn't test drive the vehicle. How could you not notice that the vehicle doesn't fit you well, or "blind spots"? To me this Jeep is a fishbowl, with big windows all around, so I don't know what blind spot they are referring to. I love this little Jeep, I'm getting 31+ MPG combined and have had 0 problems so far. Also as far as fitting in the vehicle, I'm 6'4" and I don't have a problem. That's about it, don't let the reviews here scare you off somehow...it really is a great little vehicle.

First car in my life that I've hated!
By Donna (Seattle, WA)

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I've bought plenty of cars in my life, never terribly expensive ones but ones that I thought were a good value while providing all the features I need. I thought the Jeep Renegade fell into that category. I bought my car in October 2015. I'm usually one to give things some time before making up my mind, so although I noticed some issues with the car right away I decided to give myself time to adjust to driving a different car than I'd been used to. I've had 4-cylinder cars in the past and liked them just fine, but this one is downright dangerous! The engine has such trouble shifting between gears that it hesitates between them, causing the car to almost come to a step when doing so. It also has very lethargic acceleration. On top of that, I've noticed that the steering wheel pulls to one side when trying to accelerate quickly to get into traffic, making it feel like I'm losing control of the car. This car has scared the daylights out of me many times for these reasons. I feel like I'm going to get into an accident every time I drive it. To make matters worse, the remote lock and security system is apparently very easy to exploit. Twice now the car has been broken into in front of my house, only yards from where I sleep, without the alarm going off. The car window isn't broken, so clearly someone has figured out how to override the security system and get in easily. I don't feel safe parking it in front of my house and I certainly can't leave anything in it. What a huge disappointment this car has turned out to be!