Used 2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Patriot for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Great Buy!!!

Nick, 02/15/2016
Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The Jeep Patriot is a great purchase - a great combination of all factors we needed to take into account. Mileage is okay; room is quite spacious. The big key for us was to have a second vehicle that handles the snow pretty well. We had a Jeep Wrangler for years. We live in the hills in Kentucky and when it snows heavily the roads are not well kept so we need something that can handle deep snow, slippery conditions, and can handle peaks/valleys/curves in heavy snow. The Patriot FDII WIth Low Gear is just like owning a manual transmission in the snow in the hills. The low gear reduces speed (you can shift from D to L as you go down a hill) and never go higher than 3-4 mph without touching the brakes. And when going up hills in the snow, it doesnt even slip. And now we have a vehicle that can pull our trailer, get decent gas mileage and have a vehicle that is easy to drive in all conditions. It's been a great purchase! The expert reviews are not high on the Patriot (doesnt have a lot of fancy bells/whistles - technology) but the owner reviews are usually pretty positive. Very reliable/dependable and good purchase for its price.

5 out of 5 stars

Nice car nomatter what anyone says

Henry Colonna, 02/10/2016
Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had the liberty but they stop making it, so we bought the Patriot. At first didn't think I would like it but the 2.4L engine is really a great performer. The car has a solid ride and we like the window configuration that gives you an all around view. The interesting thing is that people who own the car give it a great review, but the professionals who review it give it a thumb down. The traction control really gives it a hugging the road drive, this is a great car for the money, I bought it because I didn't want car payments and bought it in cash. Car has everything I need, leather, heated seats, sun roof, remote start and electric driver seat.

5 out of 5 stars

Made it through "Snowmeggedan"

LP, 01/22/2016
Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I just bought our Patriot on Tuesday 01/19/16. We live in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Our purpose for purchasing a 4x4 was for me to be able to get off our mountain ridge to make it to work. Our Jeep Cherokee is a freaking mountain goat so we decided to look at the Jeep product line again. We chose the Patriot. Less than 24 hours after purchase I had to challenge this vehicle with the ice/snow obstacle course of our three switchbacks and it handled it with ease. I love the stability and especially love the Hill Start Assist. Looking forward to the next snow storm. Update: 01/25/2017 We have now had our Patriot for a year. "Still Lovin It". We are even thinking about getting a second one. Guess that sums it up! Update: 01/26/2020 We still have our Patriot and have been pleased with its performance and reliability thus far. We would consider purchasing another one if they were still being manufactured. Update: 07/27/2020 We are still pleased with our Patriot. Must have gotten a good one!

5 out of 5 stars

Can't understand the negative reviews!!

RS, 11/07/2016
High Altitude Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

4 years later, still love my Jeep Patriot. I am sorry they are not making any more. It really is a good little care. Very comfortable and dependable. Ok, so it doesn't look like everyone elses car, but that is part of the charm. Guess it doesn't matter if I give a good review since they have gone the way of the Dodo bird. So sad.

5 out of 5 stars

Professional car reviewers are worthless

Larry, 08/10/2016
Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's a Jeep. I bought a 2016 and I really like it. I have owned a lot of new cars, I buy them for myself , my wife and my son. If you read the reviews you would think it is a terrible vehicle. But I test drive cars myself and I don't listen to what car snobs have to say. If you option it properly it is an unbelievable value. First, I bought a Sport with Freedom Dive 1 and the 2.4L motor with the 6 speed auto. This trim is not included in the drop down list for some reason. So my final cost was under 17K with discounts and rebates ( before taxes and license)- for a 4WD SUV. The interior is pretty basic but the seats are comfortable and the appearance is nice overall, I love the dash and the gauges. The visibility is great and I feel comfortable maneuvering in traffic. It has Blue tooth, AC , and a year of free satellite radio. Cargo capacity is really good. Steering in well connected and ride is pleasant. The motor is quiet but does transmit some vibration at idle, I don't really mind it as it is a minor issue. My last three cars were a BMW128 convertible, a Chevrolet Volt, and Jetta TDI. I have to say I like this one as much as the others. Apparently I am not alone as they sell a lot of them. As a last note my wife, who leases a new Range Rover Evoque. Drives it every chance she gets -

12345...15