Used 2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Within a month I wanted to return it
By Kay

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Between mechanical issues, crap Bluetooth, and fulty seatbelts, my lease can't end quick enough. My locks wouldn't unlock from the inside when pressing the button so my kids in the back couldn't get out. I just have to pull my seat belt a little bit forward to take the buckle up light to shut off. Don't even need to buckle in. The Bluetooth never connects (even with different phones) the display message randomly changes to Spanish. Gas guzzler and doesn't speed up very quickly. Overall unless your over older and don't drive anywhere I wouldn't recommend it.

A high end golf cart
By Daniel

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this vehicle for a month now and totally regret it. Will be trading this vehicle next month regardless of what I'll lose. Let's start with the gas mileage, I've had better gas mileage on a hummer H3 and my pickup than this thing. On a full tank, i'm getting about 260-270 miles which is about 19mpg on the hwy. The specs state 23 city and 30hwy but far from it. In terms of power, it's non existent. Don't try passing anyone on the highway. Pedal to the floor and it doesn't go anywhere but you'll lose a quarter tank of gas on the attempt. Handling is good and visibility but very basic interior. Road noise is loud and engine sounds like a lawn mower. As you can tell, I hate the vehicle and I've owned many but just saving you from making the same mistake I've made.

Don't buy a jeep patriot
By April Maldonado

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They are lemons. Having my brakes squeak and go almost all the way to the floor board to get it to stop. The jeeps rpm will fly up really high when you are driving normal. It also likes to roll backwards in park. Don't waste your money. This is my 2nd Chrysler, Jeep product and they had to buy my 200 back at 9,000 miles. Beware!!!!

Back Glass
By Ray Treadway

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Like My 2016 Patriot The Only Problem I Have Is Seeing Out The Back Glass They Should Have Made It Larger. Ray

Great commuter vehicle
By Bill R

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It is what it is: a small practical utility vehicle. It's not for red light racers. I bought from a rental car marketer. It had 35000 miles on it. Had a large truck that couldn't pass a gas station. So far very happy with the Patriot. I will never purchase a new car ever again. I can't afford to pay for their palatial buildings. I got this for $13200 out the door. Local dealer wants $13600 before tag & taxes for a 2013 manual Patriot