Used 2001 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Still has class
By Keith Randlett

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Very nice car overall. These vehicles still turn heads when passing others on the highway. Very dependable and low maintenance. They prefer to be in the garage if possible.

Enjoyment.
By Mike

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has proven to be comfortable and reliable. I only wish that I had stepped up to a Jaguar earlier than I did and I would recommend this car to anyone interested in a convertible.

Excellent Experience everyday
By purrrfecttq

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first used car purchase, so I was hesitant. But I got a good deal on a 5 year old jag XK convertible. It was gorgeous!!!
I have now owned it for many years and put about 40k miles on it. It has been such a fun car to drive and own, it converted us to be loyal Jag owners. We now have just purchased our 4th jag (2012 XF) and have loved every one of them.
The scare tactics that other dealers told us were all lies. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences with our Jags. In fact, I have been more satisfied with our 4 Jags than any of our Toyotas or Hondas or Lexus vehicles (which we still own as utility vehicles).
These have been the best car buying purchases we've ever made!

The style is still classic and gorgeous. I get stopped often, by people who just want to tell me how beautiful the car is. Even though the car is over 10 years old, people think it is new... now that is classic!

Visibility is not good. Although I have rear sensors for parking lots, I think that the camera and sideview mirrors, "blindspot assist" lights (like I have on my '09 and '12 XF) are important and valuable features. Every car should have these safety features.

Great choice for free
By Drunkchef

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I had had all real makes, and this one rocks, bought it for $13,000 with 55k on it, replaced the tensioners straight away with metal ones as this is the only issue with this car. Bought an amazing sports car for free basically, cant even get a Kia for this price, highly recommended !!!!

looks and feel

must upgrade the secondary tensioners to metal (cost aout $850 total at Import shop)Factor that into your purchase price and you are Golden as you can find one for under $15,000

XKR - Simply The Best!
By BriteRedJagXKR

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I previously owned a 1998 XK8 and after totaling it I felt like I lost one of my children! I do love this car. Now I own a 2001 XKR and it's just tweaked enough to make the XK8 even better. Sorry they discontinued this body style. It's sleek without being overdone. It's macho yet feminine. The curves are a woman, the power and the hood design are a man. What better combo in styling? I can get 21 mph easily. NOT BAD!!! My only criticism is the steering. It is so fine that if you look to the left you can easily be there without meaning to. That being said...no one drives my car but me and Hubby! Driving is pure pleasure even on travel trips of 10 hours. Go Buy One!

Pure Style, Comfort and Pleasure!

Tighten up the steering.