Used 2006 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

The look of a Jaguar the issues of a Jaguar...
By mechanic80

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Maintenance is the most important thing. Being a certified mechanic, maintaining the unit is not an issue but it's intense. The best thing is the looks you get... precious. The finish is flawless after 15 years. Interior is a little iffy for Jaguar, but it WAS entry level.

Hesitant at first
By sdettra

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had always wanted a Jag but had heard bad things about them. So after 2 months of looking at reviews, researching the model and even pricing out parts for the repairs that were sure to follow I took the leap. Bottom line is I am very glad I did. Great car and with over 90,000 miles I have replaced a front wheel bearing for $28.00. Great ride Great styling and slightly above average performance.

Stereo, handling, appearance

Poor Quality Parts and Finishes
By Bad News

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Major disappointment! At under 30,000 miles and after having kept it in perfect condition, the interior began to literally fall apart! And what did Jaguar senior maintenance manager have to say? She hung up on me when I demanded to know who her boss was since she didn't want to take my complaints seriously. All told - $1800 to get it fixed! Never buy another Jaguar again! Can't wait to unload this one!

It may be at the lower end of the pool in terms of affordability, but does that mean you use inferior products and manufacturing that don't hold up after 3 years of use? Try fixing what should be considered a factory defect instead telling the consumer, "you're on your own" and then hanging up!

Head Turner
By brucelee

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I'm 6'4" 330 lbs guy who is comfortable when driving this car. I have recently went to look at the Jaguar XJ8 and now I will buy it soon. May I warn any potential buyers, people will talk about the jag but would love to be in your seat driving the jag. It is fast and dependable. The gas is great. It cost 27 dollars to fill up tank with 93 octane. That is great. This car is an attention getter. It cost to be the boss. I went to local dealership for oil change and was amazed that you only need an oil change every 1 year or first 10,000 miles. So you save money. At this moment no problems with vehicle. I wish I had a navigation system and this would make this a total package

lights,color of jag, inside interior, outside exterior, drive smooth but yet fast. It is sporty. Everyone stares when you pull on the side of them.

all vehicles come with a navigation system. lol

Amazing Car!
By Weslowery

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought this car and its amazing. The seats are stiff but they are so comfortable. It doesn't really get good gas mileage but its our luxury cruiser. We have been getting about 20.5 in the city. It rides great and drives even better.

The seats are so so comfortable. Even the backseat is very comfortable but its a little bit tight for larger people but still nice.

The fuel economy could be better.