Used 2017 INFINITI Q60 Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Q60 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Dreams come true

JRJC, 09/18/2018
3.0t Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Live in Minneapolis need a AWD vehicle and want one that is sporty and fun to drive. Ruled out the Camaro (though car of choice, no AWD), Mustang, Challenger (impressive but simply way too much car for me though AWD. It is the true muscle car). Narrowed search to Audi A5, BMW & the Infiniti Q60. Opted for the Q60 based on repair concerns. BMW & Audi are way to proprietary and need attention of the dealership alone, Q60 comes with all the perks but without the mechanical intricacies of the Audi & BMW allowing my local mechanic to do maintenance as needed. Plus the price is much more competitive.

Simple and Sweet

Isaac K, 01/30/2019
3.0t Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

EXTERIOR: People have stopped me in parking lots, honked in traffic, and just stared. The exterior could not look any better 11/10 INTERIOR: How can you miss the market by 4 years with not having apple carplay or android auto? That is incomprehensible for a luxury brand? I know it is coming for the 2021 models, but undescribable how you can possibly miss that. Can't tell you how interested I would be to see the data on the people who like the setup for the dual monitors. It isn't what it displays, but I haven't seen anyone in the past 5 years use the GPS provided by the manufacturer. Who approves this kind of design? WAZE integration. TRANSMISSION: Either feels like the fastest thing on the market or slowest, most unpredictable. A car for this money should have a dual-clutch. Even in manual mode, the software will override and seem like its in automatic. BACKUP CAMERA: Without the expensive assist package, it has similar backup "lanes" as my mom's 2013 honda minivan... PERFORMANCE: Sits pretty low and has good ride control. Can switch in and out of lanes quick and firm SPORTS CAR FEEL: Not really. Has the looks for it, but you feel let down by the technology. Switching between the different drive modes doesn't offer enough difference to feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Glad I rented it before buying it - Beware

RohanB, 05/29/2018
3.0t Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I rented a pretty sweet Infiniti Q60 with the 6-cylinder/300HP engine over the long weekend. Drove about 1,000 miles over Wyoming and Utah, exposed to city and country driving. Interior: Very comfortable but the quality and fit/finish doesn't match up to the Germans. It actually doesn't match up to the quality of fit and finish of my 2012 VW GTI. Exterior: FREAKING BEAUTIFUL. This has to be most beautiful and attention grabbing design within the 50-60K price bracket (save for a Mustang). Everyone takes double looks and it definitely appears like a 100K car. Performance: Straight line performance is amazing, could have a nicer exhaust, but there are several aftermarket solutions without making it sound ricer. Now for the part why I would NOT recommend this car - Steering and Safety: The steering has a mind of it's own - I was constantly making minor corrections on a straight piece of highway doing the speed limit (70 MPH). It seems like the adaptive steering tries to second guess the driver, but as the driver, you don't expect the car to make that correction by itself so you either end up overcorrecting or jerking/lurching the car. Lane changes on the highway became difficult. THE WORST PART - When doing 70MPH in moderate rain, this car almost wiped out. This was again, on a straight piece of road, the steering system twitched and sent the car into a near wipeout, as I almost lost the rear end of this AWD car. I ended up bringing it back in control, but never felt comfortable driving it again, especially since I had my wife in the car and wiping out at 70MPH would have definitely injured (or worse) us both. Absolutely do not recommend this car - I have driven econoboxes that would do better in the rain at these speeds (including my elantra, civic) as well as my amazing (now even more so) VW GTI

Beware steering system twitch

DavidB, 07/21/2018
2.0t Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I am glad to be here writing this review. Also very glad to read RohanB revuew confirming what happen to me (see his review here to). Like RohanB I was renting this car and had my son with me. I was less fortunate than RohanB I ended up hitting the guard rail and spinning around luckily did not hit any other vehicle. Just like his review going down highway it was raining. If I recall right I was just easily sliding into middle lane and then it went hard right and felt like hydroplaning. I have been driving for almost 30 years. I am not a speeder no speeding ticket since my teenage years. Thank God the other safety features was awesome in the car. We both got out okay...my son had a few bruises...but we are alive and well. I do have the headache of dealing with an out of state wreck but will take that vs other options! There is your PSA from me stay away from adaptive steering technology. Perhaps 99% ok but it's the 1% that matters when it's life or death. I had no idea I was renting a car with that technology. Hert had a row of cars to pick from and since I was with my son we picked the cool looking car! It sure was cool looking. Lesson learned do quick review of car safety issues before picking car at rental.

A coupe like no other!

Johnny, 09/26/2018
3.0t Premium 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

What do I mean by a coupe like no other? Just that. As I was shopping for a new coupe, it came down to 3 cars. The A5 and BMW 430i came really close to cutting it but the Q60 was just a bit more attractive to look at. There are multiple cons about the vehicle but also a lot of pros that helped me decide on this car. My biggest issue was the fact that here you have such a handsome car paired to an infotainment that isn't as advanced as something you'd get in a Camry. The double screen is a very nice design but the top screen does minimal stuff (mainly for the navigation IF equipped). There is no Apple Carplay or Android Auto available. I payed $51,000 for this car and it does not have Apple Carplay. Same goes for my Infiniti Q50. They share the same infotainment center. Infiniti needs to step up their game with the technology. They're starting to come up as a legitimate luxury brand. They still have some ways to go before being fully competitive against rivals like Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, ETC,. Also the fact that at that price range there is no heated seats and remote start was a bit of a bummer. Also, Infiniti's new technology used for the steering is a bit too new and I keep that in consideration when I say the car is always a bit late in responsiveness when steering. It's as if you steer and the car has too think for a half a second to do it. It may seem like nothing but believe me, you definitely feel it when driving. Aside from all of that, the car overall is built very nicely. There are so many soft touch surfaces in the car and Infiniti does a good job at keeping away cheap plastic. My Q60 came standard with Bose Performance Series audio system which was very nice touch. The outer exterior of the car is simply gorgeous. From the headlights to the side of the car and following through to the back, this car (to me at least) has no bad angle. Also a 300hp 3.0 twin turbo helps make driving quite the adventure. So if you're considering a new coupe take it from me. It's not a perfect car and it has it's flaws...HOWEVER...its a very nice car that will get you compliments and you don't see them on the road as much. Plenty of power for fun driving although the car does feel a little heavy. Even with it's quirks, I would in a hearbeat get another Q60. I honestly enjoy driving it and I think it makes for a very solid choice as a coupe option.