Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Best SUV EXCELLENT INITIAL QUALITY AND LONG TERM F
By Joe virball

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I put on many miles, owned it since 2007. It owes me nothing...and has always performed reliably. Very good power and transmission. In 2007 it was ahead of its time with a 6speed automatic. The engine senses the octane level of your fuel and adjusts to obtain maximum performance. The manufacturer has always proactively kept the safety of my family, the maintenance of its vehicle, foremost in its mind.

Vera Cruz is Very Cool
By Dan

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought our 2007 Vera Cruz Limited about 4-5 years ago and we now have almost 200,000 miles on it and it still drives & rides like a dream. It's our first SUV and we absolutely love it. The engine still doesn't use any oil and still has plenty of power & torque. Only trouble we've had with ours is we had to replace the AM/FM CD radio because it began to drain the battery after shutting the car off because the cd player would continue to run...the radio-CD player still worked fine but for some reason it just kept turning inside and would drain the battery. Upgraded with a new Boss Radio system and my wife is happy again. I offered to trade it in and get her another vehicle but she chose to keep the Vera Cruz and I think we made a good decision. Why Hyundai decided to discontinue this model in favor for the smaller Sante Fe is a mystery to me?

Loving my "lazy H"
By Poco

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle goes really well in snow, also. The only problem that seems to be mildly chronic is that calipers Ned to be replaced every couple of years.

A Hyundai Believer!
By indianadrive

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Love our Veracruz! We bought our '07 Veracruz limited used in '08 with 2k miles.
We now have 113k miles and still love the comfort, drive, and mileage (22mpg combined). Other than a couple recall notices early in our ownership, the only problem we have had was a head gasket line leak, which allowed oil into the alternator, leaving us stranded.
Since that problem was resolved, our Veracruz has been trouble free again, with only normal maintenance.
It is still very comfortable for long trips and still has a quiet cabin. When it is time to purchase another vehicle, we will most likely buy Hyundai again, as we have been pleased with the quality and value compared to competitors.

Comfortable, quiet ride. Good mileage for age and size of vehicle.

Allow powertrain warranty to transfer to new owners (All Hyundais). Need more comfort in second row seating, they are very hard on any trip over an hour.

early failures
By ghahn

I have had (have) the following problems with my 2007 vera cruz:
1) at 70k - valve cover gasket leak which allowed oil to spray on the alternator - alternator failed causing a breakdown on a major highway in rush hour
2) back up warning sensors no longer work
3) auto door lock for drivers door fails to activate 80% of the time. this applies to locking or unlocking
4) one of the air bags has failed and i have an indicator on all the time
5) cruise set/ resume buttons do not activate the cruise 50% of the time
6) steering column volume control problems have recently surfaced - does not work and volume up turns down the volume 25% of the time