Used 2017 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

Used Tucson for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

First new car purchase in 12 years and I regret it

Rob K, 04/05/2018
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I recently bought a new 2017 fully loaded Limited Tucson. Right now I have under 700 miles on the car and I've already had to take it in because the rear window washer stopped working. And now the drivers heated seat only stays on for about 3-5 minutes and shuts off. So now I'll probably have to take it in to the dealer again. Also the vehicle I have has the 7 speed DCT transmission. This transmission is absolute trash. It shifts down extremely hard, jerking my head back to the head rest and there has been a number of times when I've been pulling out of a driveway or side street on to a busy road and I need immediate acceleration to avoid getting hit by cars coming down the street. As I press the gas pedal I've noticed that the car literally just sits there and the tachometer goes up but the car doesn't move. It's almost like the transmission/ECU doesn't know what to do for a brief moment. It's beginning to become scary to drive this car in traffic because I'm unsure if it will deliver the power when I need it or when I press the gas pedal. Thankfully I didn't trade my 14 year old Audi in when I bought this thing because I'm probably going to put it up for sale in the coming days. To say I'm disappointed with this car and purchase is an understatement. Hyundai should be ashamed they produced a car like this.

Engine replacement at 7300 miles!

Tina T, 05/04/2018
Limited 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Dead on arrival. Stop- do not buy. Please note that the severe engine problems continue. The 1.6 engine needed to be replaced after rod and crankshaft failure AT 7,350 miles. Also the premium sound system intermittently stops resulting in no sound from the stereo, navigation and apple play.

Mixed Bag

Kathryn, 10/03/2017
Value 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I just turned my 2017 Tucson in on a 2018 Subaru Forester lease. Thankfully, after owning the car for less than I year and putting less than 6000 miles on it due to the issues I had with it, I still received a fair price for it. It gets great gas mileage, I'll give it that. And, when it behaved, it was a very comfortable ride! I loved my Tucson except for one HUGE, one minor complaint. The HUGE issue was, like so many others have commented on, the transmission. I HATED it. You never knew when it would respond or when it would just contemplate accelerating, which was SUPER dangerous merging onto the highway or proceeding from stop to go. At best, it was just embarrassing when the vehicle would rev like you were purposefully gunning it just to get it to GO normally. Like someone else said about it: it sounded like a new driver learning how to drive a manual transmission, even though this was an automatic. Even the Hyundai service department I took it to---repeatedly---told me it was a much-complained about issue and that they'd escalated complaints to corporate multiple times without response. The second complaint I had was its poor reliability in the snow, perhaps related to the transmission issue: sometimes it would be fine; other times it would just spin and spin, digging you further into a snow rut.

Problems with electrics and bad dealership support

Hovhannes Matevosyan, 07/21/2017
Eco 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

After 4 months front Xenon lamps started not to work and when I approached the Service they told me that the lamps are not covered by the warranty and I need to pay for each lamp approximately $60. It's ridiculous. After 6 months the car started to shiver when you start to drive and when you start to slow down the speed to stop.

Love this SUV

Jack wilson, 06/23/2017
SE Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had it a month and have 0 complaints. Handles great and rides smooth. The SE Plus gives you a ton of features for a small amount extra. Dual climate control and rear air is appreciated by all my passengers.

12345...16