Used 2005 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 326 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

lemon is too nice for this car
By dennis

2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

bought at 116,000 miles. i go beyond recomended maintenace. changing all fluids , etc. currently have 163,000 on car. have replaced purge control valve, transmissions cooler lines, have misfiring #5 cylinder, rear plugs are too hard to access, timing belt and related parts replaced 3 times. all problems started about 150,000 miles. would not buy another hyundai again.

Tough little SUV
By Fred

2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car was well assembled. I is over 11 years and everything works fine. I recomend this liitle SUV for everybody. It is not a gas saver in town. But great gas milage on highway. Engine position (V6) hurts DYS little maintenance.

Terrific Tucson
By Joe Da Rold

2005 Hyundai Tucson LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the visibility, ease of getting in and out, and storage capacity. Back seats easy to fold and go completely flat. Passengers comment on good leg room in front and back. Drawback: cabin noise on highways.

I'm going to miss the Blueberry!
By C Dockery

2005 Hyundai Tucson LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2008, it was 3 years old with 30k miles, traded it at 138k. (It's blue; thus the name "Blueberry). Even at 11 years old this vehicle ran great! I never had any problems with it; always got me where I needed to be. Handled perfectly in all road conditions. Economical on gas. Easy for me to get in and out of, but my husband, who is 6'4" had a bit of difficulty. He was always cramped when driving it with those long legs! Great for loading groceries. Plenty of room in the back, if more was needed we just put the seats down. Being an '05 it didn't have the technology of newer vehicles, but it suited my purpose. I did get spoiled with the heated seats, heated mirrors and wipers! Also enjoyed the 6 cd player and it even had a cassette player. Great sound system. Heat and air never failed. A comfortable vehicle for trips. I only traded because I wanted something newer.

Love my Tuson
By Ron

2005 Hyundai Tucson LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I both own Tusons 2005&2011 and we both love them.We have had no issues other than normal Maintenance (Battery,Tires,Oil changes,Tune ups)The 2005 just turned over 100,000 miles and is still going strong. In 2010 I hit and killed 3 deer and I did not get a scratch !! Everything during the crash did what it was designed to do.I did not have any problems getting parts (Grill,both head lights,radiator ,fog lights both front fenders and a door skin to repair the $5000.00 in damages.I would buy another One in a heart beat
I just found out that BOTH axles are badly rusted through .Not good news at all