Used 2005 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

College student owned!
By J

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with my own money during high school. It seemed like a great car at first but over time I realized it might not have been the most practical vehicle to purchase. Let's go over some pros and cons. For PROS: the lack of seating prevents you from being the designated driver for events, mpg on the highway is roughly 25-26, looks of the vehicle are clean, and the trunk storage is alright. Let's hit some CONS: poor fuel economy in the city whether you speed or go slow, horrible ground clearance so get ready to feel like you wrecked your front bumper after going over normal bumps, curbs, and dips in the road, since you sit low, half the oncoming cars at night will seem as if they have their high beams on, getting out of the car can be an annoyance, quality of the car is cheap (with a quality sound system, the car rattles from base), all 4 of my motor mounts broke and the cost to fix it is 1/3 of my resale value, the transmission slips, it's a 4 speed so doing 70 mph puts you at like 3k rpm which just seems weird compared to other 5 and 6 speed vehicles. Also, the driver seat will be uncomfortable if you have long legs.. You can move the seat. Forward and backwards but the steering wheel can only be adjusted vertically so I feel like my legs are crunched up when I drive because I prefer to have a decent grip on the steering wheel & lastly, she is a FWD car. ON THE BRIGHTSIDE, the car has been one fun trooper. I've driven the car pretty hard at times including passing other cars (she'll purr for ya), done a little dirt driving, hauled a tandem kayak on the roof with a "soft rack" strapped on, and have just put it through a fun college student experience in general. She still runs hard with her broken motor mounts and transmission slips.

Hyunday Tibby GS Manual
By ltstoby

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love it! bought this car today and its my first manual car. I've only driven stick 3 times in my life and I already got the hang of it. Shifting is easy and fun to do, it has a great kick to it even though its only a 4v. I cant say anything bad about it other then the fact that theres almost no room in the backseat but hey, its a 2 dr. I recommend this car to anyone with a desire to drive a sporty looking, fun coupe.

Budget Sports Car! Live your dream
By tilbbylover123

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

own a 05 Hyundai Tiburon GT Ultimate Sports Package with sunroof and Infinity Sound system. When bought, had 13000 miles, now 40,000

love the pick-up and the mild roar through the muffler. looks are stunning, everyone who see my car for the first time love it! comfort for the driver and passenger is good, not for the people sitting in the back since not enough space for big and tall people. I'd call it a two-seater. Ample trunk space, better if back seats are put down. still suspension makes you feel all the potholes

only problem I've had so far is the car pulling towards the right because of alignment issues. Also, when I jumped my car battery last winter, the sound system got damaged.

Amazing, Great drivers car
By tiblover123

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, even with a 2.0 4 cylinder it has quite a bit of power compared to some other 4 cylinders. gets going quick, and looks great. when im stopped at a red light i can see people driving by in mustangs and camaros looking at it. a little hard on pot holes, but on smooth road its like a dream.

i only wish i had the v6, but mabye someday ill do an engine swap.

Smooth ride for smooth roads
By DCKID

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really loved this car when I purchased it in Fl. It had a great exterior and the sound system really pumped! I never had mechanical trouble or any trouble for that matter until I came to DC. The numerous pot-holes took a SERIOUS toll on the high performance tires. In the course of 2 years I blew 4 tires, and replaced more then 10. It was fun to drive but only on smooth streets, you can feel EVERY SINGLE NOOK&CRANNY in the street! Buyer beware if you live somewhere with jacked up roads!

Sounds system, sunroof, sporty look, easy to park

Allow for different tires and provide better shocks