2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Good Drivetrain
By Red

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I like this Hyundai SUV because of the reliable 3.3L V6 "naturally aspirated" engine and 6 speed "conventional transmission". The good Hyundai warranty also influenced my decision to purchase.
In the future you may not have a choice other than a CVT transmission and a small engine with a whinny turbo.

Santa Fe Satisfction
By Steve LBC

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first suv/crossover I've ever owned. Always a luxury sedan person,this time I decided to get something different. I compared Ford and Mazda before settling on the Santa Fe. All three are solid drives and my decision came down to price, user friendly dash instrumentation and seat comfort. The back support on the Santa Fe is excellent. And the 10 yr bumper to bumper warranty (add'l $2200) made it an easy call. The Santa Fe V6 turbo is quick off the stop and accelerates effectively when summoned. The turning radius is great. Handling is just average but I've never felt the need to take corners at 50 mph so it didn't factor heavily in my decision. The gas mileage is a solid 22 mpg on average and my city/highway ratio is 80/20.

Great tech at this price
By Marshall Lyon

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I had this SUV as a rental for 10 days and 1000 miles. I have 2 SUVs at home, an Audi Q5 and Acura MDX. So, while the Santa Fe is a nice car it doesn't hold a candle to either of my daily drives.
The Santa Fe has a lot of great tech, blind spot warning, backup camera, smart phone integration, hill assist, etc.
The performance was adequate. Honestly I though I was driving a 4 cylinder. The engine revved pretty high for just modest acceleration.
The handling was ok but definitely didn't inspire confidence. The suspension handled rough pavement comfortably but big bumps, especially in turns, really unsettled the vehicle.
The brakes were very"grabby". This made urgent braking feel like emergent braking.
While the interior was nicely done there was an obvious difference in quality between my own vehicle and this rental, which I'm sure many readers will consider an unfair comparison.
The visibility out the sides and back was limited. Thankfully the blind spot monitors worked well. The blind spot monitors can be turned off which is a nice feature in stop and roll traffic.
I think most people will be really happy with this mid sized SUV.

Satisfied customer
By Milton

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is a solid vehicle that is comfortable and looks good. Been pleased withe the product so far.

Love my Santa Fe
By Beth Rowe Burton

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 2018 Santa Fe we bought in February 2018. It looks classy inside and out,handles great, rides comfortably. It gets great gas mileage and is a smooth ride. I use it for driving Uber and gets lots of complimets on it especially the ride. I highly recommend Hyundai and will definitely be a repeat customer.