Used 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...88

Pros
Cons

Not a bad car at all!

jourdanrose, 09/06/2003
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The pick up on highways is awful! City driving is just fine. My very tall children fit quite nicely in the back seat and the drivers seat is spacious and comfortable. I have the v6 model and the gas milage is average. I also purchased the full 10/100,000 warranty and for a single mom it gives me peace of mind.

What A Lemon!!!!!! I will never own another Hyundai

kylemack, 11/07/2012
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 3 transmissions replaced, timing belt, power window motors replaces... and not to mention all the cheap little plastic parts braking and cheap chrome pealing off. Not only does this tin can want to make me never own another hyundia agian but makes me want to just ride a bike. OH And The Side airbag went off while i was driving down the road, no accident or anything. I called hyundai and they said it would all be out of my pocket to fix and that I should call my insurance and insurance said they cant do anything about it because there was no accident. Hyundai support was a bunch of run arounds and not helpful at all. I will never buy another Hyundai. What a money pit!

Love the car - but now it's a beater...

leftoverchef, 07/25/2012
Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I've had the car since brand new and have loved it. I haven't been too punctual with the routine maintenance (oil changes, etc.) and the car still has performed well (until recently, but more on that later). I made it to 100k miles on the original clutch - which is a record for me. I didn't even replace the timing belt until 110k miles! The only problem I really have had with it has been a faulty clutch pedal sensor when we bought it - and a crank-shaft position sensor that died just before i replaced the timing belt. That said - recently the Catalytic converter broke and the Exhaust manifold cracked - a $2600 repair - but my son will pay that to buy it from me instead!

My "new" old ride

Melanie Altmeyer, 05/08/2017
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this suv so far. I've had it about 1 month. It looks and rides like a brand new car and one that would cost a lot more. No one believed me when I told them my "new" car was actually 13 years old. It only had 50,000 miles on it, so with Hyundai 100,000 warranties, I'm hoping to have it for a very long time. It has great acceleration and gas mileage. The seats and ride are very comfortable. Only thing I don't like is the wind noise when windows are down and moonroof is open. I'm hoping window vent guards will help.

2004 Base Santa Fe

SanDiegoRN, 08/25/2009
Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the base, manual, without a lot of bells and whistles because I wanted a manual, not an automatic. My gas mileage is probably better because of this varying from 24-28 mpg depending on how much city driving I do. On trips hwy mileage can even approach 30 mpg. I had a problem with the check engine light for the first couple of years d/t accelerator sensor position problems, but o/w very reliable. Just had to have the crankshaft sensor (and accelerator sensor) replaced as it caused the vehicle to quit completely, but overall I am very, very happy with it. Scratches do tend to occur in parking lots. Very comfortable and I want to keep this till it stops running completely.

12345...88