Used 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

pleasure to drive, but too many repairs
By Ben

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car with 46,000 on it. had to replace serpentine belt, Axle, engine light on - have to bring to authorized dealership, it was evaporation leak near the gas tank, had to repaint exterior, have engine light on now, going to dealer tomorrow to fix it.

2002 Sante Fe Still Going Strong!
By CF

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am the 2nd owner of this SUV, and I've done few major maintenance repairs to date. Kept up with regular oil changes. This SUV has me keeping it and passing onto my son, while I get a NEW Sante Fe. I'm usually not impressed by too many things. But for a 15+ year old SUV, this is as solid as it gets! Beginning to rust around the rear tire wells, but I don't have a garage, only open driveway, so can't complain ;). Timing belt is in need of replacement, otherwise still sturdy!

Her name was Sandy
By Bill K

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We owned our Santa Fe for 6yrs. Bought in 2010 for $6000. Had 104,000 miles on it. Sold it May 2016 for $4000, and had 140,000 on it. The only things we replaced on it were the brakes, tires, and ignition switch. Loved plowing through the Wisconsin winters. She was getting a little sluggish before we sold it, but was one of the best vehicles we ever owned. Back in 2013 we bought a 2007 Santa Fe and sold it a year later. We thought it would be like our 02 but couldn't hold a candle to it. Recently purchased a 2012 Chevy Captiva. Hope we have the same luck as we did with Sandy.

reliable
By T Bagn

Love
By Vanessa Carpenter

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Hyundai Santa Fe I have had it for about 5 months so far and never have had a problem. I hesitated when buying because I didn't know much about them but I can say I am very glad I choose it. I know all cars have there ups and downs and there are good ones and bad ones. I have to say I got luck I purchased my 2002 with 123,000 miles on it and she has ran perfect for me. One thing I would like to give this car props on is the four wheel drive I go any where in the snow I live in Ohio.

Heated seats, four wheel drive, size, all of it

Only thing I would suggest is the issue with the fuel cap. If it goes bad or you don't put it on right your engine light will come on. $5 fix for a new cap so nothing to panic about.