2021 Hyundai Palisade SUV Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Family Car everyone in the Family will Love

CC, 11/28/2020
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Highly recommend buying this car. I’ve been car shopping for awhile now and this car was the best option at the best value. The exterior with its grill and wheels gives it a nice look on the road. The interior is luxurious and practical. I was blown away by all the features like heads up display, multiple camera angles, cooling/heating seats and my all time favorite passenger talk. The kids love the large moon roof and all the usb outlets. Most importantly even the kids in the third row are comfortable. This was a step up from our Toyota Sienna and we don’t regret buying this car at all. If you need a car that will seat all your kids comfortably and drive everyone in style at a reasonable price then this is the one for you.

Love My Palisade Calligraphy

New Happy Hyundai Owner, 12/12/2020
Calligraphy 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy last August. I have driven it almost 2,500 miles and so far, so good. It is extremely quite and has a great ride. I was very interested in the safety features of a 3rd row SUV and the amenities. After looking at Honda, Toyota, Subaru, and Hyundai, I chose the Palidade. It has the most up-to-date features of all the others and has a superior rating in comparison. I have been super pleased with my purchase. The tank size is a bit small at 18.8 gallons. Filled, it has a range of just under 400 miles in mixed driving. Average mileage has been around 20.3 mpg which isn't great but isn't bad either for this size of vehicle. Also, power has been great for all my needs. 3rd row seating has good room. I have had adults ride in the 3rd row several times and no complaints.

Comfy Ride

Alex, 01/20/2021
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased the Palisade in early September.. so far it has been excellent. I’m in my late 70’s and have owned GMC, Fords, Chevy’s, Olds, BMW 3&5 series, Genesis, and even a Peugeot (obviously an early Monday morning manufacture). The Palisade is an extremely comfortable vehicle. It doesn’t handle like a BMW, but the ride is fabulous on an old bum. No wind noise, maybe a little at 80+ with a crosswind, but overall very quiet. The safety features still a amaze me for the price point, good (25) mileage at 75-80, and enough room for adult toys. HTRAC is stable in snow, and the vehicle has enough oompf to keep you out of trouble. After buying so many vehicles in 60+ years, this one is excellent for a midsize SUV.

Bought it yesterday, so just figuring it all out..

J. Thompson, 09/20/2020
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

My wife and I traded our 2018 Honda Odyssey for the 2021 Palisade SEL AWD. She had really wanted a Telluride, but since they are like finding a two-headed unicorn, she settled for trying out a Palisade. She had wanted the Moss Green Telluride so we found a "Rainforest" with black interior SEL two hours away from us. We called the dealer and they held it for us to come see it. She was immediately impressed with seeing it in person and thought it feels more like a Lexus than a Hyundai. I agree. This vehicle rides VERY well and looks amazing. Since they wouldn't deal with me on the Palisade (paid sticker like everyone else), I was able to get them up on my very clean trade-in. Pros for the Palisade so far: Ride quality Build quality Features for the money at the SEL price ($41K in my case) Seat comfort Safety features Cons so far: No memory seats for drivers (my wife and I vary greatly so that will be missed from the Odyssey) No Sirius XM radio built in the SEL (REALLY, Hyundai???) so we have to use the app/CarPlay/Android Auto. Headlights at night are not strong (as I later saw noted at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety iihs.org site) on the left side for some reason. We have bright white LEDs, but it had a dark spot driving at night) My overall grade after two days: A-

Test drive everything, then get a Palisade

Palisade Fan, 02/27/2021
Calligraphy 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I am about two weeks in ~1000 miles. My other cars are a Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster. We traded in a POS Jeep Grand Cherokee for the Palisade. In short, this vehicle is awesome. Get the Calligraphy trim (which is really last year's limited + hideous rims). Aside from the rims, the car drives really well and the engine is plenty enough, unlike the other cars we were considering (e.g., 2022 Acura MDX). The car feels luxurious but you won't feel guilty about actually using in it as a family. The ride is plush and the suspension travel is minimal. Brakes are good too. As far as the features, that's really where this car shines. For $50K (no we didn't pay over sticker) you get pretty much everything you'd want including pretty decent autonomous cruise control (with hands on wheel). The stereo sounds decent but won't match something like a Bose, Burmester, or B&O - properly configured through it's fine and you'll get used to it. Some owners have complained about wind noise but mine is very quiet from both wind and road noise. The second and third rows are very spacious but I wish you could get the bench seat in the upper trims. The space behind the third row is great and easy enough to get out stroller. Very few things we don't like but here are a few: no hitch from the factory ($800 dealer installed), no wireless carplay on upper trims but yes on lower trims (??), stop hold needs to be engaged every time you turn on the car. That's it for now. Will post more once we have more time/ miles on it. **Update 3/9/21: A few more nits. (1) fuel tank is small, prepare to fill up often, (2) the top end doesn't have dimming side mirrors. This should be a deal breaker if you drive at night. (3) doesn't have power folding mirrors. I am adjusting it by a star given these shortcomings.

12345...11