Used 2016 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

THE HANDLES ARE HORRIABLE
By Ann in Stuart

2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I've had my Genesis 2016 for less than 10 months. First handle to brake off the car was the rear left passenger door. Now the other passenger door handle has broke in half when I gently opened it. I didn't yank on it, or try to open it when it was locked, I was just opening the door to retrieve my umbrella, and it broke off. it must be a "flaw" in the car. First of, they are PLASTIC, and for a 45,000 vehicle they should be made of metal. My Hyundai dealership is the worst. Each time I had to get a new handle, they never have them in the parts department, REALLY? With this obviously being a problem with this car. So it took both times over two weeks to 3 weeks to come in. Then they call and tell me it has to be "painted" to the color of the car, that he said would be another 4 days. Come on, have the parts in stock. That's the Wallace Hyundai in Stuart Fl. I love the car but think they need to reconsider how to make better handles that last for them.

Wonderful Car, Except...
By Shawn

2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

My 2016 Genesis has 60,000 miles, and it replaced a 2015 Genesis with 25,000 miles, so I can speak to long-term ownership. This is a very comfortable car, with excellent driving manners, comfort, and performance; all at a great value. The number of standard features is impressive, and is how all luxury cars should be. I looked into a Lexus, before buying my Genesis, and couldn't believe all the expensive items that were not standard. Furthermore, the cost of maintenance is very reasonable, even lower than my wife's Honda. While it hasn't been needed, the exceptional warranty offers peace of mind. Although it may seem minor to some, my major complaint regarding this car is the persistent squeaks, creaks, and rattles... mostly coming from the panoramic sunroof, but also from the dash area. They occur mostly in cold weather, but for me they ruin what is otherwise an exceptionally quiet and comfortable car. The dealer has "lubricated" the sunroof, but this is only a temporary fix. If it weren't for this, it would be a 5-star review. Lastly, having been hit from the rear by a dump truck (totaled my 2015), I can speak to this car having excellent crash worthiness... I had zero injuries, not even soreness.

Terrific value for money
By Milind

2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

This is a really comfortable car with great electronics. I bought the car with a Tech Package since until the 2018 models, the Ultimate package does not have Android Auto and that was a must-have for me. And it makes all the difference in the world. The pickup and handling is nowhere near an Audi A6, but once it's cruising, there is no difference. The handling on the Audi is sporty, but I actually prefer the handling on the Genesis. It's a lot smoother and feels more luxurious. The ride is very quiet. The seats are comfortable. Adaptive Cruise Control takes some getting used to, but it's great once you do. Great warranty. About the only things I'd say are cons are fuel economy (most likely because the car is so heavy) and weird packaging of options. No steering wheel and back seat heating except for the AWD model. 360 deg camera only in European models. About the only thing I really dislike is that you have to buy a $200 year Blue Link subscription to remote heat the car. There is absolutely no reason why this can't be done technically through direct Wifi connection. Or through the remote.

The ride you only want to take once in your life!!
By Truly disappointed

2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

The 2016 Genesis roller coaster ride from hell. Only 6 days after leasing this car till today I have lived a true nightmare and let Hyundai Corporate tell it , oh It’s not that big of a deal 😭🤥. A new car with only 7 miles when i purchased it. It has been in the shop a total of 65+ days. Hyundai does not value their customers or customers safety. I will never buy Hyundai again.

Lots of miles on a 2015 Tech Pacakged Genesis
By B Kelso

2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Drives very well and accelerates. The 3.8 is plenty powerful. The ride is quiet and a nice blend or sporty and cushy. I've had three problems. 1 Visibility: at 6 ft 3 in the A beams are too thick and can easily obstruct vision at corners from my height. 2. The driver seat cushion deteriorated (I'm 225 lbs?) and was replaced on warranty. Lastly the car had a smokey smell that lasted 90 days at the outset. Beside tires and oil and filters...I've spent virtually nothing for maintenance and am approaching 65K miles. I leased enriched to 25K mi per yr. and so will be turning it back in or buying it a $19.6K residual which seems to be a little pricey for the 75K miles it will have. Still, it has been an excellent value and I'd recommend it to others especially tall folks as it offers just a little more room than other sedans which makes a big difference. I generally agree that the Hyundai/Genesis Dealer network is still weak and holds the brand back some.