2018 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Very pleased
By MHursh

2018 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Don't let the price fool you. Great value for what you pay! Best warranty ever

Perfect! for its class
By Aidan

2018 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I only have 2 complaints...the city gas mileage is horrible and the MPG meter is not accurate. With that said, I LOVE my car. I needed an inexpensive car (the Value Edition with all the bells and whistles except leather for $16k) with the extras I like and good hwy gas mileage. Don't believe these other reviews that say they get 42 MPG on the hwy. Yes, the meter will say 40+, but my actual average sits right between 38 and 39 mpg. I stay at 5 mph over the speed limit. So if the limit is 70, I cruise at 75. Your mpg will increase if you stay at 60-65, it's just not sustainable for hours on end. I actually fill my tank and do the math with gallons bought and actual mileage. I bought my car 11/20/2017 (2018 model) and as of 6/6/2018 I have 48k miles. So I've had LOTS of gas fill ups and my average stands consistently. Actual city gas mileage is about 25 mpg. I don't drive crazy and 99% of the time it's in Eco mode. I LOVE the cargo space. No car in its class can beat the Elantra's value. Although I don't drive crazy, I have seen what it can do. It's a bit sluggish in Eco mode (especially with the AC on), but I'm ok with that because I want the higher gas mileage. In normal mode it's as good as any other car and responds with no hesitation. And when you find yourself needing that extra kick, Sport mode is awesome! The front seats could be more comfortable...but in its class, it's about par.

Not For Me
By Npilot1973

2018 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I'm in a market for a new car. So, before I trade in my 2007 Mazda, I thought I would rent a few cars to try. Hyundai was on my list. Let's talk about pros first. The styling is very nice. The dashboard features great and this model had blindspot monitoring system. I enjoyed the exterior of the car. The engine could have more horsepower. It could be a bit more peppy like my Mazda 3. Overall I give the exterior a 7. Each car is different for every driver. I'm a short driver of 5 feet tall. Visibility was pretty good. Seat comfort was my issue with the car. After about 1 hour of my car trip, my back started to hurt. My legs started to hurt. At first, I thought it was an adjustment to a different car but the next day in the car, it was clear it was the seats. I called the rental company and asked to switch out the car. I have only a few car seats that hurt my back. Hyundai Elantra, Honda, VW Tiguan I'm now in a Chevrolet Cruz. If I Hyundai put the Cruz seats in the Elantra and a peppier engine. It is outstanding. I'm actually considering a Hyundai Kona but due to the seat issue with the Elantra, I'm not sure if Hyundai is for me.

initial customer evaluation on HY
By AUSTIN SUN

2018 Hyundai Elantra SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The interior /trim layout is neat, clean and efficient, vehicle performance is enough for daily use, fuel economy ( city drive ) is about 29.5 mpg ( my elantra sel only has 200 miles to date, will chek again after breakin ( > 700 miles ). The only complaint from me is the riding comfort ( the suspention system is a little hard ) nice car, nice color ( LAKE BLUE ). I am pretty sure this is the right car for me !

Great ride
By Fellanator

2018 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have over 22k miles on my Elantra. I average 41-43 mpg mostly highway driving. The car runs great, is extremely quiet and rides excellent. The use of thicker glass and almost 400 ft of adhesive contribute to its solidity. Purchased the car in May 17 got over $6000 off msrp. Overall extremely happy and would recommend it to anyone. This is not a performance vehicle by any means, but makes a great daily driver.