2018 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Blue Skies
By Blue skies

2018 Hyundai Elantra SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Love the car and got a great deal. The Edmunds site was very helpful!

think twice
By chris

2018 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

i bought mine in late 2017 so its a 2018. had 4400 miles when i got into a wreck with it. this is when when things went south with insurance and getting it fixed. first off the accident was UNDER 35 mph. the front end is GONE. the shop said $14,000 to fix it. yes you are seeing this correctly. turns out the whole front end including window structure had shifted, and insurance totaled it. had the car for 1 year. the car sits at a body waiting for insurance to pay out and pock it up. if you do buy one of these get GAP to cover you. i will be paying for a heap of scrap long recycled due to poor resell value, or fair market value. at 35 mph this should be fixable not scrappable.

Recommend!!!
By Angelncandice

2018 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Absolutely love it!! Highly recommend!! I don’t know what the trim it’s just the newest Elantra out right now.

Two brand new Elantras in one year!
By Sara Miller

2018 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my first brand new car, the Hyundai Elantra 2018 value edition six months ago. I was in love with it. Then a few weeks ago, I was involved in a bad accident and my car was totaled. My car looked terrible after the crash; I knew it would be declared a total loss. However, the safety of the vehicle is what prompted me to write this review. I do not know enough about cars of the safety in them, but it was a very durable car and I left the scene with only a couple of bruises. The windshield cracked all the way to the top, but did not crack. The air bags went off right away and they were the perfect size. The front of my car was very messed up but the tires were still in great shape afterwords; I was impressed! The car also has great value. I love the blind spot detecting, the heated seats, Apple Car play, backup camera, sun roof, and the design. It's a very sharp car inside and out. A couple of days ago, I finally got a new car. This time, I bought the Hyundai Elantra 2019 value edition! I even spent a bit of time looking at other cars to see if I wanted to go with something different. Nothing beats the Elantra in my opinion: from safety, value, and design. I am very pleased!

Never hated a vehicle so much
By Kaya Brown

2018 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Previously owned a 2013 Toyota Corolla LE, before purashing the 2018 Hyundai Elantra Value edition. This vehicle has been nothing but problems. For starters, the gas gauge initially did not work from day one. I noticed this after the gas hasn't moved from a quarter tank after a week. Of course this was repair under warranty. Although it did take about 2 weeks & an obvious hassle after buying a brand new vehicle. I only wish the problems stopped there. During that initial complaint- I notice the poor performance of the brakes and tires, along with a rattling noise while accelerating. I have always driven a sedan, with no issues of safety even in Maine winter. The brake and tire combination is so POOR I feel unsafe driving this vehicle with the roads slightly wet at all. I can't even get this vehicle to move in the snow. The dealership stated, brakes are fine, that's just how the car runs. And as far as the very loud sound of the engine rattling while accelerating. That's just "how the car runs." Which has been a common theme. Most recently I have noticed the air conditioning malfunction. It seems to have a hard time keeping up with cooling when the temps are over 80 degrees. It will automatically switch to auto defrost , which blasts out UNBEARABLY cold air. Mind you if my windshield needs to be defrosted, the auto defrost never comes on. These may seem like minor issues to some, but when purchasing a brand new vehicle I expect quality and reliability. Which is NOT what you will get from this vehicle. In fact after stating I was unhappy with the performance of my vehicle the sales manager even stated "well what did you expect you bought a $16k vehicle" so there ya go! Don't expect much