Used 2011 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

RUN AWAY FROM HYUNDAI!
By James Henderson

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My engine just blew up at 75,000 miles. Enough said. I maintained the car to manufacturers specs. Do not buy this model, or any Hyundai for that matter.

Perfection for 6 years
By Becky

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Elantra fit my needs perfectly as I drive alone most of the time, and needed high fuel efficiency. A+ for that AND the fact that other than oil changes and new tires, the car is low maintenance and still rides beautifully with 85k miles. I need a car with more headroom now, as I take my father out a lot. Otherwise, I'd buy a new Elantra. Great value, good looking, easy to drive. I'll miss this gem.

Buyer beware..suspension death trap
By Shane

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This model through 2013 have a dangerous side to it. the handling over small imperfection in the road and road being wet make handling this vehicle extremely dangerous for any novice driver. Those of us who have driven for a good period of time will realize fairly quickly this is an issue. the rear end will kick to either side at speeds as low as 30 mph over any road imperfection outside of smooth roads. When the roads become wet it becomes a death machine so bad that you would think you lost a tire ( I actually got out of the vehicle to inspect the tires several times when I first encountered this). Be very aware of this when purchasing these vehicles. Otherwise outside of a small metal loss of steering control death cage it is a perfectly fine vehicle.

Poor Quality Seats for little people
By Daph

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2011 Hyundai Elantra and the driver's seat can be pulled up or back for adjustment or it can be pumped up but not high enough for a small (4'11") driver to see over the steering wheel for the last 2 years I have been driving while sitting on a pillow and it's very uncomfortable. I mentioned this to the salesman and he told me to put some specially-made pedals on my acceleration and my break. It has nothing to do with specially made instruments it has to do with the quality of the seats and how they are made when someone sits in them. Let me go make seats for Hyundai and show them what the heck I mean. If I could get rid of this car or drive it off the bridge I would. No more Hyundai for me. My husband has a 2013 Sonata and it is electrically adjusted the seat now that's how it should be.

Hyundai 2011
By vickie pavlovich

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Its a classy car. Mechanics like it overall. Great on road trips and around town. Lots of room for passengers and cargo. Great gas mileage.