Used 1999 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Good Deal and Great Reliability

Anonymous, 12/06/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan

I purchase my car with 100 K miles on it. Now it has 215 K on it and it is still going strong. I am looking for another vehicle right now and possibly going to purchase another Hyundai. It has been super reliable and has only needed general maintainence.

My Little Hootie Hyundai

Luna Reneé, 10/11/2015
GL 4dr Sedan

I got my 1999 Hyundai Elantra with 52,000 miles (and some change) on it and I have NEVER had a problem with it. I got it almost 2 years ago and I plan on running it until it won't run anymore! It has fantastic handling in the snow (front wheel drive) and great gas mileage. It was a great graduation gift from my grandmother and I recommend it for anyone. It's such a reliable car and I'm so glad that it was (and still is) my first car!

Sorry to see it go...

S Bianchi, 06/21/2009
GL 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been in our family since the beginning; I got it as a gift with 130,000 miles on it. Unbelievably reliable car; average in comfort...this is not the car for long road trips (your back WILL hurt!) Suspension was average, but you don't buy this car for style and "fun factor" - it's an inexpensive, reliable about town automobile. Timing belt broke like clockwork every 80,000 miles. It was still running strong this week when I sold it for $1,100 and 191,849 miles on it. Gas mileage was exceptional at 28/35. Didn't want to sell but couldn't keep showing up at client meetings with a rusty car. I was so impressed with this car that I replaced it with a 2008 Hyundai Elantra.

Faster than you think!

Randal , 04/16/2002
GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because it had the most bang for the buck. It has 140 horse power stock and now after a few modifications my car will give a $19k Honda SI, a run for the money. I have 120,000 miles on my car and it still running strong. I never had any problems with the car.

Great car for the money

'65 Spitfire Driver, 09/15/2002
GLS 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car now for over 3 years and have put 80,000 miles on it. To be honest, I'm impressed. It's needed a few minor repairs along the way (most of which were covered under warranty) but nothing terribly serious. One minor complaint is the brakes...they seem to be prone to serious rotor warping. I just recently went out and bought a set of new rotors, but had to return to the dealer because no auto parts stores had the correct ones. Still...not bad. We've taken this car up in the mountains and it handles well and is impressive in the turns. I should have gotten a 5 speed, but oh well...there's always next time.

12345...8