2018 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

next gen accent
By j carlson

2018 Hyundai Accent Limited 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

i shopped for an elantra, but the accent limited had a catchy new style and lots of equipment, i also have an elantra se that is well equipped but not all that the accent limited did offer. i think the sport mode is nice on the highway when on manual shift due to stop and go heavy traffic. the electric shift 6 speed is actually in a manual mode so watch to upshift manually. the limited came with high quality low profile tires and large rims makes a nice stance and good handling. if you don't have extra funds to purchase wheel locks,see if you can finance in as a dealer add on. you can feel comfortable inside it is larger than the previous accent models i test drove. if you like gadgets this is the car for you

Love my Accent Limited
By Karter

2018 Hyundai Accent Limited 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had my Accent Limited about a month so far, but I'm loving this little car. I find the car to be quite and rattle free. It seems well built and solid. I'm amazed at the technology for such an inexpensive vehicle. I had my phone synched up with the car before I even left the vehicle, something that I never accomplished in three years with Ford's complicated Sync system. I can't really comment on reliability yet since I've only had the car a short time, but so far I have not encountered a single problem, again something I could not say with my previous car. I'm looking forward to many happy years with my Accent!

Spark plug failure at 140 miles
By Steve Swier

2018 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

My son needed a car to replace his 1999 Ford Escort, so I decided to sell him my 2013 Toyota Corolla and buy a 2018 Hyundai Accent. I figured my son would have a reliable five year old car, and I'd have a reliable new car. I was half right; my son now has a reliable car. The Accent seemed like a good car in my test drives. It has a six speed manual transmission and 1.6 liter engine. It was easy to get used to the clutch, it shifted smoothly, and had sufficient power, and the average MPG indicated 47 for the combination of highway and city driving that I have on my commute. The ride is fairly firm. It's quieter at highway speed than the Corolla. However, at about 140 miles, the car started running rough and the Check Engine light came on. It felt like the car was running on two cylinders. I pushed in the clutch and revved the engine, and the problem seemed to clear up. But as I continued driving, there were occasional surges. Then, on an uphill, the car felt like it was missing. We managed to get home, and had the car towed to the dealer. They replaced the spark plugs. I'm not sure what kind of spark plugs last only 140 miles, but I hope the replacements are of higher quality. We'll see what happens with the new plugs. I didn't used to carry a cell phone, but now I've got one so that I can call my wife and a tow truck next time the car breaks down. I'm not too happy that I got rid of a reliable car and replaced it with an unreliable, unsafe car; but I'm stuck with this until I can save enough money to replace it.

2018 Accent
By Joey Evens

2018 Hyundai Accent SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So far so good almost 1,000 miles. Love the mpg. Getting 39mpg average street and freeway driving. Love the 7inch infotainment system with Apple car play.