2017 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Just what I wanted!
By Shari

2017 Hyundai Accent Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this car because I drive approximately 60 miles a day and needed something good on gas, comfortable and easy to drive. This little car was perfect. Although it had 5300 miles when purchased, I have added approximately 1400 since March 2018. The back seat can be a bit cramped if there are really tall people in the front seat. On the highway, the car has a smooth ride and is able to accelerate quickly when needed. The gas mileage is running about where I expected it to be, when using Ecoboost, which is around 34-35 MPG for combined highway and inter city driving. Not using the Ecoboost, for greater performance, the mileage still runs about 32-35 MPG. I have only had the vehicle for a month, but it seems as if it will be a great quality vehicle with acceptable maintenance costs. Warranty and extended warranty purchased through dealership should cover a majority of any problems that may arise between now and the time the loan is paid off. If you are in the market for a sporty looking, economical and comfortable small vehicle, consider the Hyundai Accent.

Best Little Car Ever
By Sandy Johnson

2017 Hyundai Accent Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second Hyundai Accent I have purchased. I have found this model to be reliable and truly TROUBLE FREE. I had no issues with my previous car and went ahead and have this one and I love it too! It is easy to drive and handles really well. I feel safe and in control when driving this car and that is important to me. I have owned both a Hyundai Sonata and now two Accents and I would recommend either model to anyone. They are wonderful cars and really deserve more than 5 stars in my estimation.

Great engine and transmission--well built!
By Tom

2017 Hyundai Accent Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

The 1.6 engine and 6 speed auto makes this car a great value! It is solid and gets you from point A to B easily! The seats are comfortable and supportive. The stereo really sounds decent for a small car. The warranty is the best and can be expanded to a 10 year 120,000 bumper to bumper! You won't find that with any other small car!

Money would be better spent on a used car
By Pac757

2017 Hyundai Accent Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased what's now "the top of the line" Accent, a value edition for my daughter after she totalled her 2013 Accent. This car is maybe one step above a stripped rental car. The quality of the interior is cheaper and less attractive than her 2013, the her 2013, which wasn't a top of the line Accent came with fog lights, auto dimming review mirror with compass, better quality interior and you were actually able to purchase a jack and spare tire for that car. I regret buying this car for her now but to late to get rid of it, it's only one month old and has a horrible resale value. Even the Hyundai dealer I bought it from didn't want to work with us to trade it in on a used Elantra. Poor resale value, absolutely bare minimum extras for a top of the line model, very dated styling, almost as if Hyundai went back to the Excel days of the 80's but without the cheap price. Guess she's stuck with this till she hits the break even point with her financing. Makes me think twice before buying a Hyundai again. In hinesight, the Kia Rio, which is their bottom of the line car is actually a better car. My own fault for not doing more research plus was under pressure as she needed a car quickly for getting to and from work, public transportation where we live is horrible.