Used 2001 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

Used Accent for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Hyundai Accent: A Quality Vehicle

Rich Landau, 07/14/2003

When in the winter of 2000 my 1989 Honda Civic clamored for yet another exhaust system repair (can you say "poor design"?), I'd had enough! My only knowledge of Hyundai was of the Excel back in the 1980's. A real POS! Recent commentary on the brand revealed that times had changed; that Hyundai was now manufacturing quality vehicles at VERY affordable prices, backed by the industry's best warranty. A few months worth of research (Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, et al) and several test drives led me to buy a 2001 Hyundai Accent GS (hatchback) at a bargain price. $4,000-$6,000 less expensive than any comparable car in its class.

Couldn't Get Better Than This!

Beth, 06/29/2005

I bought this car with the intention of only having it for a few years, until I could afford something better. Well, five years later, this car has only had one minor problem: the recirculation/fresh air knob popped off. THAT'S IT! Of course, I take care of it... get regular oil changes, get tune-ups, etc. Overall, I am VERY satisfied with my purchase. Especially since I only paid $8,000 for it brand new. Perfect car for young people who cannot afford much, but want a reliable car.

Suprised!

MRC, 03/12/2006

I bought this car almost 5 years ago. I don't really have any major complaints about the car. I have been very surprised & impressed with the performance. It's quite peppy when needed. The gas mileage is fabulous, I drive 50 miles a day to and from work in rush hour traffic and still average 32-35mpg. I recently had a kid so it is way too small for me now. And it deppreciates so much, I've been upside- down since the get-go.But if you're looking for a small commuter car that you are going to keep for a long time this is the way to go. I've never had any mechanical problems.I wouldn't recommend it if you are a larger person (I'm 5'2 and my husband is 6'1 and we constantly bump each other.

Reliable, safe

Survivor, 01/26/2005

I bought the car new and kept up with maintenance religiously. The car has never not started and I live in a place where it gets REALLLLY COLD! Gas mileage is good, ranging from 30-36 depending upon the brand of gas. The body dents easily and the interior is ugly. Enough room for things like cups, napkins, etc, but no room for cell phone on dash/console. Car handles well in the snow with four studded snow tires. With the all-season tires, it slides easily. I was involved in a roll over accident in this car and walked away with only a small scratch. The windshield was all shattered, but didn't cave in at all. The accident was not due to the car, it had to do with the weather.

Junk

Laura, 10/10/2005

This car is junk. If you want a car that crumbles like a ball in a minor collision from a company that does not back they warrenty (especially on paint) than this is the car for you. If you would like something that will hold up in accidents from a company that backs their merchandise, I suggest you RUN far, FAR away from this companys and any of their cars. If you do chose this car, good luck to you, I suggest you invest a helmet and a great insurance company.

12345...12